GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports billet aluminum insert

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Fellow Canadians,

Debating purchasing this - 034 insert for MK7 GTI DSG. Wondering :

1. Worth it w/ the DSG

2. Worth the price + shipping since it comes directly from 034 (located in the states). Comes up close to 100$ CAD when all said and done.

Recommend this mod or not?

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Yes most definitely check sig makes huge diffrence no wheel hoop to each there own

Nickk92

I ordered mine from ECS through Trackwerks in Ottawa since they are an authorized dealer which cuts down some of the shipping and stuff. Definitely worth it, it makes the car feel more planted when you stomp on the gas. There are 2 versions of it though, so make sure you get the right one. If you need version one, someone on Kijiji is selling it in toronto for $55 CAN. Shipping would be minimal from TO to Ottawa.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...-1/1281948812?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

NCR-R

Ready to race!
Unsure about this mod... been in cars with it and didn't feel any diff than mine without it. As long as it doesn't cause any potential dealer issues though why not... inexpensive mod.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Worth getting, one of the best modifications you can do. Had mine for over 2 years now and absolutely no regrets.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I ordered mine from ECS through Trackwerks in Ottawa since they are an authorized dealer which cuts down some of the shipping and stuff. Definitely worth it, it makes the car feel more planted when you stomp on the gas. There are 2 versions of it though, so make sure you get the right one. If you need version one, someone on Kijiji is selling it in toronto for $55 CAN. Shipping would be minimal from TO to Ottawa.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...-1/1281948812?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I'll check out trackwerks since I know them.
Thanks for the link!
I actually need version 2 tho.

Well this looks like my next mod!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Had the CTS one in my old Stage 2 Mk7 GTI. Loved it. But like others have reported about the 034 version, mine may have cracked towards the end of my ownership - during certain launch situations, my steering column would have a small vibration rattle.

It will be one of my first mods for my current Mk7 R.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
So what's the overall opinion with these - worth it but they don't last long?
Would they help improve 1/4 mile time at all?

They worth it nothing wrong with mine beat the fuck out of my R everyday why I bought it had it over yr

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys. I installed it tonight. Have to agree, very nice mod for the $$$! Crisp DSG shifts and solid feel with no noticeable vibration.

Def recommend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCR-R

Ready to race!
Installed mine today but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Torqued it to 130Nm (or 96 ft lbs). Also installed my MK7.5 FL tails and very happy with the results.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Nice! Let me know how you like it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk