GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI Canada Order Guide

Hi all, went in to my local VW dealer to put in a deposit for a 2018 GTI to replace my '11 TDI under the buyback scheme and after the rep tried to tell me there was no differences in the '17 and '18, he pulled out the order guide he has. He stepped out so I snapped a picture :cool: Excuse the slight blur, and hand shadow, had to be quick.

Cool thing to note, on the autobahn package while leather is included, there is an option box to opt for clark cloth to keep the cool plaid! Enjoy.

Attachments

• 18426174_10105178360975172_691328419_o.jpg
    18426174_10105178360975172_691328419_o.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 9,330
  • 18452191_10105178360950222_94734833_o.jpg
    18452191_10105178360950222_94734833_o.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 9,080

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Interesting. I wonder what the new wheels looks like?

Also, I guess Transport Canada must have approved VWs Light Assist as there was a recall sometime last year and they had to disable that feature on unsold 2016/2017 cars.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
This is going to be key for me as I am planning on buying a 2018 GTI in the next year.
What happened to the Performance Pack? I see they upped the HP to 220, but where's the limited slip diff? Did I fail at reading?

chid

Ready to race!
No price info yet?
I noticed also that the seller didn't know too much about the info on the new model...

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
They need to hurry up and release specs for north america. Seems like they're dropping a true blue color and going greyish blue now

Rogi

The Performance pack has been eliminated for 2018 and all models are 220hp standard now. There are a couple youtube videos about it (although I found that European info etc. can differ from VW Canada so I called my prefered dealers and asked) and when checking up with the dealers they confirmed that the 2018 has no Performance edition. This printing and post from the original OP seems to confirm that statement.

I can understand it from VW standpoint, there was no real substantial gain from the Performance Edition.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
The Performance pack has been eliminated for 2018 and all models are 220hp standard now. There are a couple youtube videos about it (although I found that European info etc. can differ from VW Canada so I called my prefered dealers and asked) and when checking up with the dealers they confirmed that the 2018 has no Performance edition. This printing and post from the original OP seems to confirm that statement.

I can understand it from VW standpoint, there was no real substantial gain from the Performance Edition.

I'd like to see the numbers. The problem with the Performance Pack in Canada is that they forced it on only fully loaded models, especially when the golf R is only a few thousand away at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingkhan

Ready to race!

The biggest add from the PP was the LSD and bigger brakes, not so much the added HP. So are the LSD and brakes standard now on all trims?

Van Wilder

I saw 2 new 2018 at dealership.

The new wheels looks cheap.

I think the exhaust chrome tip are different.

The price is higher than the 2017.

gdfraser

Ready to race!
I checked out a 2018 yesterday at the local dealer; fresh off the truck. The exhaust tips are definitely larger and it also looks like it has a rear valence with a hitch cutout?