GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber Stealth Audio MK7 Golf R sub box testers needed

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I have recieved a lot of emails about a MK7 Golf R sub solution. Currently I have one box that will fit, but I need beta testers. The box is a direct drop in for the fender factory sub, and fits a shallow mount 8”. I currently don’t have pics as I just shipped out the first one.

This is made to fit a 18” spare, and will fit under the factory floor. Currently 8” is the only sub option. With tester feedback, I can see if it’s possible to increase the height to allow more subs. The only mod needed to the car is to cut the factory tire hold down plastic threaded part flush to the nut when the tire is in place. The allows the box to sit into the spare.

Retail will be around 275$ shipped. However, I am looking for some early testers and willing to do 200$ shipped for the first 5, 225$ for the next 5, ect.

For those without spares, or people with other ideas, please feel free to contact me as I can work with you on a customer solution

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I have recieved a lot of emails about a MK7 Golf R sub solution. Currently I have one box that will fit, but I need beta testers. The box is a direct drop in for the fender factory sub, and fits a shallow mount 8”. I currently don’t have pics as I just shipped out the first one.

This is made to fit a 18” spare, and will fit under the factory floor. Currently 8” is the only sub option. With tester feedback, I can see if it’s possible to increase the height to allow more subs. The only mod needed to the car is to cut the factory tire hold down plastic threaded part flush to the nut when the tire is in place. The allows the box to sit into the spare.

Retail will be around 275$ shipped. However, I am looking for some early testers and willing to do 200$ shipped for the first 5, 225$ for the next 5, ect.

For those without spares, or people with other ideas, please feel free to contact me as I can work with you on a customer solution

I wish this was around before I got my Helix Sub. I would love to see pics though. Do you know which 8" subs would work?

Thanks and good luck.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
right now it looks like the kicker and pioneer shallow 8" works

box looks just like this only 1.5" shorter. Its seems like a no brainer, but it took this long for someone to actually verify it fit

pgard1

Ready to race!
U can get a shallow 12 to fit with risers to raise the floor towards the hatch about 1/2 inch.

Nik- you should be able to get a good template with your machines. Here's a link to my box build. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10542

**Just realized this is for R's with a spare. I think the floor height is higher than the gti's so its going to be tough to get a bigger speaker with a spare.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

For another idea I would vote for a sub in the rear drivers fender well (at least that' what I think that area is called).

Something like this:

http://www.audiointegrations.net/catalog/item/7242239/7469810.htm

It would seem this area should fit all Golf MK7's too. I'm not 100% sure. Of course making this type of enclosure would be difficult. I have the Helix Soundbox but I would upgrade if this type of enclosure was made. I tried emailing Audio Integrations but the never got back to me.

Just my thoughts...

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
For another idea I would vote for a sub in the rear drivers fender well (at least that' what I think that area is called).

Something like this:

http://www.audiointegrations.net/catalog/item/7242239/7469810.htm

It would seem this area should fit all Golf MK7's too. I'm not 100% sure. Of course making this type of enclosure would be difficult. I have the Helix Soundbox but I would upgrade if this type of enclosure was made. I tried emailing Audio Integrations but the never got back to me.

Just my thoughts...

I used to do a lot of fiberglass boxes. I them switched my mk5 side mount to box to wood, mainly due to the hazards of fiberglass. Since other companies are still working of side mount, i have chosen to focus on underfloor boxes for the time being

chid

Ready to race!
I saw a big difference moving from the 10in in my MK6, to the 12in in my MK7.
I will see if I can do a "transplant" of my current setup to a (hopefully) R in the spring, or I need to build another box. With or without a spare tire, this is the question ;)

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
the golf r box i am working on is a direct replacement for the fender sub placed in the spare. If you dont have a spare, i would think any square box should be able to fit under the floor

H22hatch

Ready to race!
the golf r box i am working on is a direct replacement for the fender sub placed in the spare. If you dont have a spare, i would think any square box should be able to fit under the floor

Duh, that's a good point. Sometimes I over complicate things for myself. No spare so i can really just stick whatever down there.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Would be interested for a GTI if it would fit? Tired of my huge box in the back taking up space and having it flop around when I do a spirited turn :) Got a 2016 GTI if that helps...

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion

Noize1

Ready to race!
I missing something? I thought no Golf R mkVIIs have spares. Mine sure doesn't.
I had an Uber stealth in my mk6 GTI, and I loved it.

I have a 10 W1 V3 jl just sitting. 2017 has fender audio, I love to replace this up with something better. What options are there, and can I use the stock amp or need to do something crazy with the canbus?