GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev limiter

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey guys

I have been searching for a couple days now and havent found a shred of useful information in regards to removing or raising our rev limiter. At neutral with my 6mt and tune i can only rev to 4k rpm. I just want to rev like a douche plain and simple.
Anyone have any information on this subject?
#revlimiter #rev #gti

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jlungo

Ready to race!

Jlungo

Ready to race!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Because blowing the engine is so much fun.:D
Haha cmon
To be real here guys we r already running tunes at and around 30 psi so a little more idle reving wont hurt lol

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Haha cmon
To be real here guys we r already running tunes at and around 30 psi so a little more idle reving wont hurt lol

at 30 psi boost, you would be blowing the turbo, engine, and a lot of stuff. That's the absolute pressure that you are reading on the monitor. you need to subtract the atmospheric pressure which is 14.7 psi.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
at 30 psi boost, you would be blowing the turbo, engine, and a lot of stuff. That's the absolute pressure that you are reading on the monitor. you need to subtract the atmospheric pressure which is 14.7 psi.

my boost gauge is reading 30psi not the monitor. i thought the vacuum line gives the true readout..

but if u have any rev limiter info...lolol

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
So, when in N the car has the soft limiter as a protection to keep from straining the engine. If you want to be able to red line it, you'll need to be rolling slightly with the clutch in and the car in gear.

Then you can douche it up to your heart's content.

The tuners don't remove the soft limiter because quite frankly there's no reason to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So, when in N the car has the soft limiter as a protection to keep from straining the engine. If you want to be able to red line it, you'll need to be rolling slightly with the clutch in and the car in gear.

Then you can douche it up to your heart's content.

The tuners don't remove the soft limiter because quite frankly there's no reason to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Got it
Thanks man

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Some of the tunes will remove the soft limiter. For example, ED does. There's not really a reason to redline the engine in N though.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion

I've been running at 29psi for 6 months, since new, launching at 9-10psi, nothings exploded yet.