GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear dome light LED upgrade

eldimoni14

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I had pulled out too much.... thankfully it was easy enough to get back in, it just clicked into place.

I eventually managed to get the plastic cover off and change the lights. You're right, its a tight squeeze to get the screwdriver head in without marking the plastic, but its not hard if you take your time. Looks much better with white LEDs in there!
Unfortunately one of the SMDs on one of the LED bulbs wasn't working, but its not really noticeable. I might get some new ones at a later time.

Thanks again!

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Is there any information on how to do this? Would modifying the VCDS void the warranty?

Yes - here. No, if you were to buy the VW LED number plate fittings from your dealer, they too would have to code the car to accept the LEDs without displaying an error in the MFD.

FastRedPonyCar

I replaced the cargo light with an LED and the difference in light output is HUUGE

I got just the replacement bulb (which had a metal heatsink attached to the back of it and it required me to pull the original bulb out. I can't remember where I bought it from but this full housing replacement is about the same price and looks to function exactly the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Error...ash=item1e9e5ef265:g:i4AAAOSwPhdVS6VN&vxp=mtr

capitan828

Ready to race!
Just a heads up. You guys don't need to spend a ton of money on "canbus error free bulbs" a non canbus led will work fine. There is no bulb out errors for the interior lighting. Canbus led's just have load resistors built in so they consume MORE energy and just get really hot for no reason. Save money and power by going with the non canbus type. The licence plate bulbs you will need a canbus bulb, however I had a set installed but didn't like how hot they were getting. The led itself was starting to turn a burnt brown color and they were smelling like burnt circuit board

FastRedPonyCar

Just a heads up. You guys don't need to spend a ton of money on "canbus error free bulbs" a non canbus led will work fine. There is no bulb out errors for the interior lighting. Canbus led's just have load resistors built in so they consume MORE energy and just get really hot for no reason. Save money and power by going with the non canbus type. The licence plate bulbs you will need a canbus bulb, however I had a set installed but didn't like how hot they were getting. The led itself was starting to turn a burnt brown color and they were smelling like burnt circuit board

The ones I've bought (cargo light and reverse lights) were canbus error free but also very reasonably priced (like 15 bucks for the set of reverse lights)

peteryspang

Passed Driver's Ed
Trying to install the LED on cabin. Can anybody help to picture of location belows.

" As you open the sun glasses holder, at the back you will see two small thin holes at the back located in the sun glasses holder ".

Thanks for help,

kkingma

Ready to race!
I ordered a full interior LED kit for my Golf. They sent 9 bulbs. I found 8... where is the 9th?

Deautokey: 9 pieces
ECS Zizza: 8 pieces

Deautokey states 3 for the rear dome. I only have 2. Would this be for the GSW?

I installed 2 front dome. 2 rear dome. 1 glove, 1 cargo, 2 vanity.

[emoji848]

gopi_rm

Passed Driver's Ed
DIY Video Links

Here is a nice video DIY link for front dome and rear dome bulb replacements. Although the audio is in Spanish, the video is self explanatory.

Front dome bulb replacement: Youtube link

Rear dome bulb replacement: Youtube link

jackalope

Ready to race!
What is the wattage of the halogen bulb? My 2017 Alltrack has LED lights and I hate the "cool" color, it looks grey and gloomy. Also, has anyone heard of a power tap that fits the bulb socket? I'm thinking about wiring a dashcam from the bulb