GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New guy!

Roe94

Hi everyone new to this forum. I've recently got myself a mk7 golf 1.4tsi 140ps. I absolutely love it and can't get enough of driving it. The only thing that's annoying me with it is that the drivers seat belt constantly locks whilst trying to pull it out. I've noticed it's frayed along the edge a slight bit and was wondering if there's a way to solve this problem and if it's a common issue with vw's?

Is there anything else that I should know about this model?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

keeton

Passed Driver's Ed
hi and welcome as for the seat belt problem mine is fine and never locks uo im guessing if its frayed its catching something id whip the panel off see if anything is catching as a frayed seat belt is a mot fail

Roe94

Thank you for the welcome and I think I'll take it back to where I got it from as it will still be under warranty. It's really annoying as sometimes it will constantly lock up and other times it's completely fine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Welcome....

I can't comment on either the car spec or the colour as I might be seen to be bias............:D

marvin1

Ready to race!
What colour is it? I presumed in was Reflex Silver the same as my last three Golfs. I would never consider any other colour for cars, as it is very forgiving of dust and dirt and I don't want to be a slave or recipient or swirls and other surface defects.

Gaz1

Ready to race!
Nice Car!! My seatbelt did the same thing on my previous Golf, but didn't notice any fraying, it was worse when it was a hot day oddly. I put up with it as my new one was on its way but it did drive me mad.