GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev 9 downpipe question..

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I'm hoping TwinDad chimes in as he has it listed in his sig...

Hi.. Just picked up an Alltrack and was wondering how the Rev 9 downpipe is holding up.. I'm a longtime mk6 GTI owner and I've heard mixed opinions on them.

I wanted to buy the APR unit, but don't like the fact that the 'APR' logo is visible- don't want to draw any attention to it should I have warranty work done.

Does anything special need to be done to mate a cat to it? Any CEL's?

Lastly is it true that any downpipe for the Golf R will fit my Alltrack?

I'm also open to any other brands.. CTS?

Thanks...

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure they'll notice any aftermarket downpipe. It's pretty noticeable if they open up the engine bay.

Agreed, none of the options really look "factory" so I'd just go with whatever fits well and is in your budget.

I have a 42DD downpipe from my Golf R I plan on installing on my Alltrack in the next week weeks. Just make sure you buy a AWD pipe!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
The Rev9 for my car will be completely different than the one for yours. With the one I have, it's a roll of the dice for fitment. They take some tweaking and some fit better than others. Mine was fine until I cut it up to put in a cat. If I could do it over, I would have just bought a better one. If you are going catless, it might be worth playing around with.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The Rev9 for my car will be completely different than the one for yours. With the one I have, it's a roll of the dice for fitment. They take some tweaking and some fit better than others. Mine was fine until I cut it up to put in a cat. If I could do it over, I would have just bought a better one. If you are going catless, it might be worth playing around with.

What would you have gone with or recommend?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What would you have gone with or recommend?

The pipes for the R/4motion/alltrack is completely different than the fwd models. The best thing would be to see what the R guys are having luck with. Also keep checking the classifieds in all of the forums and Facebook to see if you can get a good deal on a used one

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The pipes for the R/4motion/alltrack is completely different than the fwd models. The best thing would be to see what the R guys are having luck with. Also keep checking the classifieds in all of the forums and Facebook to see if you can get a good deal on a used one

Hey thanks for all your help with this and your JB4 help.

. Very much appreciated..

Can you or someone recommend a known working- no CEL downpipe for the Alltrack?

Thanks again..

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
42dd fit very well on my R. I will be using it on my Alltrack.

Any CEL issues when it was on your R?

Please let me know how the installation goes.. Have my eye on the AWE DP because they guarantee no CEL, but when I called they said they weren't sure if it would work on an Alltrack since they didn't actually try to fit it..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Just use a spacer and you won't get a cel. I've been with no cel for about 5,000 miles

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
don't you need an adapter for the rear part of the downpipe? I thought Golf had 2.25" piping and the GTI's had 2.5". These downpipes are all designed for the GTI so wouldn't an additional reducer be required to mate it to the mid-pipes?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Any CEL issues when it was on your R?

Please let me know how the installation goes.. Have my eye on the AWE DP because they guarantee no CEL, but when I called they said they weren't sure if it would work on an Alltrack since they didn't actually try to fit it..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No mil on mine.