GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OIL FILTER Compatibility MK7 Golf / GTI / R - VWAG PNs

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Just as an FYI I thought I would share some info that could possibly save you some money.

VWAG specifies at least two different PNs for OIL filters depending on application

for MK7 Golf 1.8T - PN 06K 115 562 (approx $11 CAD before taxes)

for MK7 GTI / R - PN 06L 115 562 (approx $18 before taxes at dealer)

When I did an oil change on my 1.8T I had an oil filter I had previously bought for my R, so I used this filter. Same dimensions, same MANN PN HU6002

But moving forward I will be purchasing the the less expensive filter to use in both my MK7s. Aside from PN the only difference immediately apparent is country of origin - 06K is Hecho en Mexico, whereas the 06L i had says Made in Chech Republic (which is basically the Mexico of Europe anyways ;) )

* Disclaimer - if you attempt to use the 'cheaper' filter specified for the lowly Golf 1.8T in your GTI / R it most surely will throw a TD1 and probably grenade your engine, you've been warned.

ps - cross-referencing MANN HU6002 shows this filter is compatable with a host of VWAG products including A3/S3/Golf 1.8T/GTI/R etc..

If anyone knows of a reason why you would not want to interchange 06K and 06L please speak up. i.e. you take your car in for warranty work and they find you substituted 06K for 06L to save a few bucks and they void your engine warranty lol :rolleyes:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
The 06L-115-562 has superseded the 06K-115-562, and is the newest revision.

Unless this just happened last week this is not correct For at least the golf Rs and GTIs I compared to - they still call for the more expensive PN

Check out the cross-reference on the Mann site. It lists 3 VW filters:
06L 115 466
06K 115 562
06L 115 562
https://catalog.mann-filter.com/NA/eng/catalog/MANN-FILTER Katalog Nordamerika/Oil Filter/HU 6002 z

This is correct, hence the reason for this thread is to show they are basically the exact same piece.. however when you go search for oil filters for your car, several websites/counter ppl will try to tell you otherwise.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Just to clarify, I can use either 06K 115 562 or 06L 115 562 for my MK7 GTI? OR would using the wrong one void my warranty?

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
I got an 06K version from an ECS change kit just this month.

I don't think there's any difference, just two different suppliers.

Why would VW make them different? You make them the same and it saves money.