GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Take security measures seriously

Why would anyone put the price in a article like this ?
But seeing as you did here goes, Over £900 for a bloody pram and you even mentioned your raybans and before you start preaching you work hard and all that think about it and reflect on a crappy gate lock and poor upvc door locks.
But sorry to hear the gti is being abused.

Mark White

Why would anyone put the price in a article like this ?
But seeing as you did here goes, Over £900 for a bloody pram and you even mentioned your raybans and before you start preaching you work hard and all that think about it and reflect on a crappy gate lock and poor upvc door locks.
But sorry to hear the gti is being abused.

Prick!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm looking at various upgrades to locks etc. & as I have all Euro cylinder locks & have found out there are various "grades" of 3star cylinders & the best are the "sold secure" 3 star version as the sold secure test in harder to pass & allows more time, research & tools...the ATK & ABSmk3 from Avocet are such....& they do a 1/2 euro size for the garage door...

Also look at KickStop in London as they do frame & door plate reinforcers as most wooden doors/frames can be kicked out/in with the lock plate still ok...

I have a mix of upvc & wooden, so loads of upgrades as although in a quiet area some idiots are having a go.

No matter what you use a determined thief will win...BUT most will move on & pick an easier target if you make life difficult as they are more likely to get caught due to increased time to break in...

& to the USA lot we can't have hand guns etc mainly because of the DunBlaine school shooting years ago.

Farmers etc are still allowed double barrel shotguns though, no pump action allowed.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've not been here long...
I bought a 2015 GTI PP two months ago only for some scumbags to break into our house while we were sleeping and steal both sets of keys and the car.
I thought I had ok security but the burglars snapped a padlock off my side gate, snapped the the locks on 2 of our pvcu doors with ease and took both sets of keys without us hearing a thing whilst we were asleep. Police say Golf GTI's in particular are very popular for being stolen at the moment and they honestly don't think I'll see that car again, chances are it's off to Eastern Europe.
It's not just the car either, our pram (£925), child seat (£395), my camera equipment (£2500), rayban's, few daughters toys etc etc were also in the car. It's a hell of a lot of money when you sit and work it out not even to mention the emotional dramas of feeling violated and unsafe in your own home.

Not sure where this is going to leave me after insurance etc and what car I will go for after it's settled.

So anyway just a word of warning. Make sure you have anti snap locks if you have pvcu doors, take the keys to bed with you etc at the least. Don't make it easy for these scum to take away your hard earned.
Wry sorry for ur ordeal!!!! It's a bless that ur kids are safe. My 2 cents on this; get a Doberman!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sadsac

Passed Driver's Ed
Did all my upvc euro cylinders this year with ABS replacements from Barnsley locks who came recommended on piston heads, ask on same key too (called Keyed-alike)

Sent from mobile