GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #18
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlmkv View Post
Was hoping Jeremy would come up with a solution soon. Audiamant adapters are way overpriced and EUR going up isn't helping either.
Sucks you didnt buy when exchange rate was good. Also $280 for audiamant vs the $200 for current harness isnt way overpriced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:42 PM   #19
amlmkv
Senior Member
 
amlmkv's Avatar
 
Drives: TR MK7 GTI, CW CC LUX
Location: Puyallup
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Sucks you didnt buy when exchange rate was good. Also $280 for audiamant vs the $200 for current harness isnt way overpriced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yeah, should have purchased before they updated the price for US Halogen/FL LED. Now it's $318 with current exchange rate.
amlmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #20
GLoBaLReBeL
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf GTI
Location: CA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 518
So, we need the adapter and the lights to make this work on NAR GTI's? So, total price for tail light conversion would be almost $900? Damn . . . that's suspension territory right there. Will be watching this and hoping the price drops over time.
__________________
Daily Driver: 16' GTI
GLoBaLReBeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #21
amlmkv
Senior Member
 
amlmkv's Avatar
 
Drives: TR MK7 GTI, CW CC LUX
Location: Puyallup
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoBaLReBeL View Post
So, we need the adapter and the lights to make this work on NAR GTI's? So, total price for tail light conversion would be almost $900? Damn . . . that's suspension territory right there. Will be watching this and hoping the price drops over time.

It sure is lol. I usually so suspension first then performance mods and other mods but for some reason I went with tail lights first on wife's GTI. I'm just going to hold on to the lights until the adapters become cheaper.
amlmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #22
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlmkv View Post
It sure is lol. I usually so suspension first then performance mods and other mods but for some reason I went with tail lights first on wife's GTI. I'm just going to hold on to the lights until the adapters become cheaper.
Good luck with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #23
amlmkv
Senior Member
 
amlmkv's Avatar
 
Drives: TR MK7 GTI, CW CC LUX
Location: Puyallup
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Good luck with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
yeah, thanks crild why you so negative about everything? All the comments to other members and your comments makes me wonder if you're being sarcastic or being a douche. It's just a matter of time until someone comes up with it and I'm sure other members will be glad they didn't pay $300+ for a an adapter lol
amlmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #24
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlmkv View Post
yeah, thanks crild why you so negative about everything? All the comments to other members and your comments makes me wonder if you're being sarcastic or being a douche. It's just a matter of time until someone comes up with it and I'm sure other members will be glad they didn't pay $300+ for a an adapter lol
Adapters will still be in around 150-200 if someone releases a cheaper harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #25
amlmkv
Senior Member
 
amlmkv's Avatar
 
Drives: TR MK7 GTI, CW CC LUX
Location: Puyallup
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Adapters will still be in around 150-200 if someone releases a cheaper harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Just me maybe but that sounds better than 300+
amlmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:52 AM   #26
Issagolfr
Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf R
Location: Ohio
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoBaLReBeL View Post
So, we need the adapter and the lights to make this work on NAR GTI's? So, total price for tail light conversion would be almost $900? Damn . . . that's suspension territory right there. Will be watching this and hoping the price drops over time.
Try purchasing the lights back in february before anyone else carried them or could get them. 900 sounds nice and cheap to me
Issagolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #27
H22hatch
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf R
Location: Vienna VA
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 121
Too bad e-acca doesn't actually have them in-stock yet. Seems somewhat crappy of them to keep selling them when they have no idea when they will be in-stock. I ordered a set from them on april 20th and the lead time at that point was 1-10 business days. Couple days after that it went to 10-20 business days. Curious if anyone else who has ordered from them has heard any different?
H22hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #28
amlmkv
Senior Member
 
amlmkv's Avatar
 
Drives: TR MK7 GTI, CW CC LUX
Location: Puyallup
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22hatch View Post
Too bad e-acca doesn't actually have them in-stock yet. Seems somewhat crappy of them to keep selling them when they have no idea when they will be in-stock. I ordered a set from them on april 20th and the lead time at that point was 1-10 business days. Couple days after that it went to 10-20 business days. Curious if anyone else who has ordered from them has heard any different?
I'm officially out of the game as of last Monday. I contacted Natalja @ E-Acca to cancel my order and got a refund immediately through PP. I didn't cancel because of time frame but something came up financially that made LED tails least of my priority. Natalja was at least honest about not having them in stock and couldn't give an ETA for parts to be in stock. Hope everyone else gets their tails and look forward to some pics!
amlmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #29
H22hatch
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf R
Location: Vienna VA
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlmkv View Post
I'm officially out of the game as of last Monday. I contacted Natalja @ E-Acca to cancel my order and got a refund immediately through PP. I didn't cancel because of time frame but something came up financially that made LED tails least of my priority. Natalja was at least honest about not having them in stock and couldn't give an ETA for parts to be in stock. Hope everyone else gets their tails and look forward to some pics!
I'm going to let it play out and see what happens. I ordered two sets, one from cars245 and one from e-acca. One way or another I'm getting a set!
H22hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #30
amlmkv
Senior Member
 
amlmkv's Avatar
 
Drives: TR MK7 GTI, CW CC LUX
Location: Puyallup
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22hatch View Post
I'm going to let it play out and see what happens. I ordered two sets, one from cars245 and one from e-acca. One way or another I'm getting a set!
Looking forward for the install pics once you get it installed. It's a total bummer that I had to cancel. Hope vendors will have them in stock to ship immediately in couple months.
amlmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #31
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlmkv View Post
Looking forward for the install pics once you get it installed. It's a total bummer that I had to cancel. Hope vendors will have them in stock to ship immediately in couple months.
Bks does for 975

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.