GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitted new Discs and pads all round

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
Thought I'd put new discs and pads on our GTD this weekend.....

jabba1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, did you have any problems removing the rear caliper carrier bolts ? I only ask as I'm going to replace mine soon. Many thanks

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, did you have any problems removing the rear caliper carrier bolts ? I only ask as I'm going to replace mine soon. Many thanks

Not really..... you just need the car up as high as possible to get the long breaker bar in.

New spine bolts are required too.

Garynovis

Ready to race!
Morning,

How did you wind back the rears (assumption that you have electronic handbrake), VCDS/OBDII?

What reason did you change them, were they worn out (if so, what mileage)?

Did you do a fluid change, if so was that straight forward?

Apologies for all questions, but brakes is one of the jobs I usually like to do myself, but those car jobs are getting less and less the more technology takes over

thanks

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Gary

I changed them mainly because the Discs were rusty as hell, but wanting to do a proper job I did the pads too.

Yes you are correct the caliper motor needs backing off using VCDS 'lining change' mode, then the piston can be easily pushed back in.
Fluid not yet done though it's on the list along with DSG fluid.

Rear Caliper carrier bolts need renewing too as they are 90nm + 90 deg tightening angle.

Before the change.....

ethanalice

Passed Driver's Ed
New Bolts ?

"Rear Caliper carrier bolts need renewing too as they are 90nm + 90 deg tightening angle"
Any reason why these 2 bolts also need to change ? Also what you meant by spine bolts ?

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
"Rear Caliper carrier bolts need renewing too as they are 90nm + 90 deg tightening angle"

Any reason why these 2 bolts also need to change ? Also what you meant by spine bolts ?

The bolts are M12 x 1.5 x 65 spline socket type.
Like these

They are angle tightened so cannot really be re-used