GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waze / Carplay issue

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
When I'm connected to Carplay, if I pull up Waze on my phone, it changes the speakers to front only. No rear, no bass, crap sound. If I use it on Bluetooth (or USB power only, no Carplay connected) it doesn't do this.

Anyone experienced this and found a fix?

I'm using an iPhone btw. I did see there's a jailbreak method to load Waze onto Carplay, but haven't attempted that route yet.

Last edited:

pitterchi

Ready to race!
I find Waze while connected to Carplay is very inconsistent too.

I find if you unplug your phone and then kill Waze (double tap home and swipe away) it fixes my problems most of the time.

No real fix for this. Its not a carplay app. Waze's default is to use the phones default sound output. If you force Bluetooth I usually get what you're talking about (sound coming in as a phone call).

I think if you change it to always play through your Phone speaker, its works consistently but it just isn't loud enough for me.

Hopefully someone does have a "fix" for this.

NCR-R

Ready to race!
I resorted to jailbreaking and using NGXPlay/CarBridge to use Waze as a "native" CarPlay app... works very well - assuming you have iOS 10 still. I don't think either has been updated for the iOS 11 JB yet.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I resorted to jailbreaking and using NGXPlay/CarBridge to use Waze as a "native" CarPlay app... works very well - assuming you have iOS 10 still. I don't think either has been updated for the iOS 11 JB yet.

Looked like it worked well on the youtube vid I watched. I'm a little hesitant to jailbreak my phone. I don't like some of the cons. Thinking about it though.

koalb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 SE, PP, LP
Have been experiencing the exact same issue with CarPlay + Waze. Kinda glad I'm not the only one. I just figured it's Apple's ongoing attempt to keep Waze/Google at bay.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I was jailbroke and happy for awhile. After a number of issues (one in a critical situation), I threw up the white flag and removed jailbreak. Updated to latest ios so I could enjoy some of the new look of ios 10.