GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss 500 Project

importrx7

Ready to race!
I’ve been getting a lot of messages about my old IS38. One of my friends is going to have it rebuilt into a hybrid and put it on his A3 Quattro. It’ll be S3 killer when he’s done with for sure. Appreciate the interest but it’s spoken for

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
I tried to do the adaptations in obd11 and it didn't work for me. this was on my buddies 2017 gti when we did the is38 swap. luckily it didn't need the adaptation

importrx7

Ready to race!
The turbo came in and I got buyers remorse because I didn’t get the 600. Big shout out to ModdedEuros and CTS for working with me and we are doing an exchange for the 600. I paid extra for fast shipping to speed up the process. I figured might as well just go with the turbo that allows room to grow. Once I get the 600 in I will start the install and post lots of pictures and updates.

Calubi

Ready to race!
You’re not concerned about the extra lag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
A few owners of the BOSS 500/600 have mentioned that unless you're running a high boost e85 setup, the 500 has a more usable powerband on pump gas. Similar shape curves but shifted to the left.

importrx7

Ready to race!
A few owners of the BOSS 500/600 have mentioned that unless you're running a high boost e85 setup, the 500 has a more usable powerband on pump gas. Similar shape curves but shifted to the left.

The difference isn’t going to drastic in usable power. Besides with the gearing of the R you are going to be in full boost most of the time when you are on it. The ability to have a higher ceiling in the end felt worth the extra $200 when you are already spending a couple grand. I’ll max out the stock engine long before I max out this turbo, with the 500 the max for the turbo and the engine are about the same.

Another thing happened I had a buddy who his getting a hybrid for his A3 by CTmotorsports that is comparable to a TTE525 and I couldn’t let him even have a chance. Because if his A3 were to beat my R I would never hear the end of it and to me that’s worth much much more than $200 bucks hahaha

importrx7

Ready to race!
You’re not concerned about the extra lag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I go to put this 600 on the car I’ll have to get a hold of you cause I want to see that 1LE!!! I love those cars when they run that package

importrx7

Ready to race!
Boss 600 came in today and hoping to start on it this weekend!!! The turbo looks amazing and can’t wait to be on the road again.

Attachments

• CBFCAAC9-E1D8-4008-A537-80FBE9750D7F.jpeg
    CBFCAAC9-E1D8-4008-A537-80FBE9750D7F.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 1,912

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
That kinda looks like the mk6 boss600, unless they updated it, mine doesn’t look like that, they must have updated it, looks good though, bet you’re excited!!!

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Hmmm so they must have changed the outlet setup significantly since they released it, that bend off the compressor housing was previously a silicone bend, at least based on everything I'd seen. Actually now that I stared at it more it's actually a CTS branded compressor housing, they used to just have the stock Garrett comp housing...I wonder how that's going to affect things.

Edit: It's too early, so much is different it's wild. That's a DV flange on the housing, as well as a CNC'd wastegate bracket (which might help with some fitment issues I've heard about there) on top of being a custom CTS anti-surge comp housing. That means less silicone piping, and POTENTIALLY no requirement for a CTS DV/BOV if there is clearance for the factory DV.

I'm still 50/50 between a 500 and 600, with my only hold up being street drivability and room for improvement down the line, since the BOSS 500 can be maxed out on a stock bottom end. Before when it was just a Garrett super core on a CTS exhaust housing I wasn't concerned because you could swap out the core and be on your way. If they've started using a proprietary comp housing, that simple upgrade is sort of out the window and you'd need to buy a CTS super core.

importrx7

Ready to race!
That kinda looks like the mk6 boss600, unless they updated it, mine doesn’t look like that, they must have updated it, looks good though, bet you’re excited!!!

You aren’t the first person who has told me that. Ran the number and it’s definitely a GT3071R. Everyone’s comments is making me worry I have the wrong turbo now

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
You aren’t the first person who has told me that. Ran the number and it’s definitely a GT3071R. Everyone’s comments is making me worry I have the wrong turbo now

I don't think you have the wrong turbo, I think CTS just updated the MQB kit but never said boo about it. It looks like everything is in the right place, it's just not an off the shelf Garrett housing.

Just checked CTS's instagram and it looks like the new BOSS 700 (GTX3076R) housing:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2QZtgAkG-/?hl=en

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion

lol

Ya, it just looked totally different. But it looks like they just did away with the silicone elbow and repositioned some things so you probably don’t have to cut up the harness and extend the wires if you were using the oem dv, their dv sits differently and is loud by the way, and branded their name on the housing instead of Garrett’s. Like the other poster said also, looks like it got some of the anti lag tech to. You’ll find out if it fits, after a closer look, it definitely looks like it’s for an mk7 as opposed to what was offered on the mk6’s.