GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't update sat nav. HELP!

Benrawr

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 2.0 TDI GT
Hi,

I've got a 2013 GT TDI with what I can only assume is a Discover Media 1 system. The car had no SD card when I bought it in 2016 and one was ordered for me which worked beautifully. :D
I updated it early 2017 through the DiscoverCare program which also worked fine. The SD card was 8GB, with about 7.4GB available, and when I tried to update the maps in November VW in their infinite wisdom posted an update which was 7.8GB in size. It got to about 95% complete and stopped.

I tried to install it again not sure what had gone wrong and the system backed up this failed data, overwriting the initial backup, and again failed. I then had a dud navigation SD card, a dud backup, and no working navigation :mad:

I've been trying for about a week to install the data onto a blank SD card and I'm just getting angry as everything seems to be installing perfectly fine but when I put the SD in the car it says something like "no media with navigation installed". I don't know why it's not working and the dealer I got my car from has apparently ordered me a new SD card twice and each time I call he says he'll check if it's in and call me back...

Please help before I kill myself and then everybody else :rolleyes:

Swedish GTI

You can´t use just any blank SD card, you must use a genuine Volkswagen due to the secure id tags which you cannot see & formatting does not erase.

And the problem that the card is to small. Reformat the SD card, but in the options box chose a smaller cluster size (4K is suggested) as 32K is default. This works as several people have tried it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
As above..^^^^^^^

....nothing else to add just that it is now a common problem with the capacity of the SD cards & the increased size of the mapping...

Leic

I also have problem updating. Tried through discover care, tried downloading maps from VW page and extract files on SD card with two different unzip programs but unsucessful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benrawr

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 2.0 TDI GT
Thanks for getting back to me! Sadly I've tried reformatting with small clusters, however, the total available space is just slightly smaller than the unzipped file size. I'm just going to make an official complaint with the branch as they've been brushing me off :(