GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
It's time to check with SoCal dealers if they can quote me on the R.

They might - maybe with an ADM, unless you find a dealer who is popular in the forums. CA dealers are notorious for this, especially when no one has it in stock.

COSturmWolke

Ready to race!
In the US the 7.5 has no more power than it did before. The ROW got a slight power bump (~305 I believe).

There's a guy in the 2018 thread on another forum that has offered to look up VINs and provide this info....

Thanks, I’ll look on the threads and send him a message.

Goliquid1220

We're pretty sure VW wasn't doing this on purpose

Whether it was because of emissions testing or issues with the digital cockpit, we don't know though

I'm willing to bet they delayed because of the currency fluctuations. Since the pricing was announced, the dollar dropped a good bit against the euro. The gold f r is built in Germany. Good business decision would be to satisfy demand elsewhere rather than lose money selling in the US.

jlivingood

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm working in London at the moment and there are Golf Rs all over, so it is building my hope that they'll soon arrive when I am back in the US.

Last night I even saw a Golf R used as an unmarked police car, tearing down Oxford Street with sirens and lights flashing (blue lights hidden behind grille and top inside of windscreen). That was pretty cool actually. :)

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
I'm willing to bet they delayed because of the currency fluctuations. Since the pricing was announced, the dollar dropped a good bit against the euro. The gold f r is built in Germany. Good business decision would be to satisfy demand elsewhere rather than lose money selling in the US.

This would not make much sense - they could just hold on to the majority of the USD until the dollar appreciated and then make a transfer. It would not be reason enough to halt sales especially since they have assets sitting on US soil already.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

VW sells vehicles across the globe and they are not going to delay MY launches based on the currency fluctuation.

B95zP

Ready to race!

A decision which risks brand value, and prevents the sale of a few thousand vehicles over currency fluctuation? I doubt that logic.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
My dealer has cars allocated Port status. Should be here next week. Fwiw, my customer's car was built on 2/2, but another one we have coming was built the last week of August.

COSturmWolke

Ready to race!
My dealer has cars allocated Port status. Should be here next week. Fwiw, my customer's car was built on 2/2, but another one we have coming was built the last week of August.

Thanks for the update. How do you know when they will be delivered? Interesting that you have one of the earliest and latest build dates in your two car shipment.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update. How do you know when they will be delivered? Interesting that you have one of the earliest and latest build dates in your two car shipment.

That was just what our dealer rep said. He has been wrong before, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

I thought it was interesting too that we got 2 cars with such far apart build dates. The orders were only placed 1 day apart. :confused:

hav

Has anyone found a California dealer that's taking orders? Spoke to mine on Monday, no news. Getting antsy waiting for the phone to ring.