GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
My skid plate arrived from Germany today, no taxes or duty (bonus!), shipping took approx. 2 weeks via DHL and then handed to Canada Post for final delivery. Ordered all the necessary hardware from a local dealer (20% discount on parts, bonus #2!) which should be here by the weekend. In total for the skid plate & parts I'm into this project for $155CDN ($115US).

Not bad!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My skid plate arrived from Germany today, no taxes or duty (bonus!), shipping took approx. 2 weeks via DHL and then handed to Canada Post for final delivery. Ordered all the necessary hardware from a local dealer (20% discount on parts, bonus #2!) which should be here by the weekend. In total for the skid plate & parts I'm into this project for $155CDN ($115US).

Good price & nice to see it well protected for transit & the front tabs all ok...another forum member posted way back on this thread that the people he bought the tray from didn't wrap it well & one of the front tabs was broken on delivery...he did get another tray as those front tabs allow you hold the front in position whilst you fit the rear bolts first..

GeoS VW

Passed Driver's Ed

I just ordered one from them. Thanks for the link. Good to know the other hardware is available at the local dealers. Hopefully I can get close to that amount all in.

Thanks to Dave as well for getting all this info together. I've spent the morning going through the thread.

Who knew the MQB "underworld" could be so interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Good price & nice to see it well protected for transit & the front tabs all ok...another forum member posted way back on this thread that the people he bought the tray from didn't wrap it well & one of the front tabs was broken on delivery...he did get another tray as those front tabs allow you hold the front in position whilst you fit the rear bolts first..

It arrived in a huge box too, I'm not sure how they're shipping it for free all the way from Germany.

funks

Ready to race!
It arrived in a huge box too, I'm not sure how they're shipping it for free all the way from Germany.

Bought one from the EBAY seller too. They must be giving these things away and just charging us for shipping - lol. Hopefully all this stuff fits the 2018 GOLF R.

Renck

Ready to race!
You can buy the one with no vent on ebay here for $59US shipped:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/genuine-un...207743?hash=item212dac9c7f:g:fEIAAOSw23lZsU78

Or the one with the vent from the same seller here for $77US shipped:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/genuine-un...225534?hash=item213a12b5fe:g:3zsAAOSw0O5aHrpV

They originally only had the one with no vent listed on ebay.com but the one with a vent on ebay.de. I emailed them and they were more then happy to list the vented one on ebay.com for me. To Canada from Germany it ships via DHL and now has been handed off to Canada Post for final delivery. For the other parts needed everything is available from ECS, Deutsche Autoparts etc or my local dealer.

Thanks for sharing the link! I just pulled the trigger at the one with the vent.

Hey man, do you mind to share the part numbers for the hardware required?

Thanks in advance!

Don't ask and enjoy...........:p

I placed my order few minutes ago, almost instant email from the seller providing an invoice and a couple of minutes later an email from eBay with shipment confirmation. It should arrive next week. Wow! :D

GeoS VW

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are the PN's.

5Q0 825 921 retaining bracket left
5Q0 825 922 retaining bracket right

907 559 02 socket head bolt M8x25 (top) (x2)
N 0195307 flange hex head bolt M8x25 (bottom and alt for top) (x7 or 9)

There is 1 bolt used at the top of each bracket. The OEM is to use the 1st bolt listed. You can use the 2nd bolt listed as an alternate.

The 2nd bolt is used at the bottom of the bracket and back end to secure the shield.

Renck

Ready to race!
Here are the PN's.

5Q0 825 921 retaining bracket left
5Q0 825 922 retaining bracket right

907 559 02 socket head bolt M8x25 (top) (x2)
N 0195307 flange hex head bolt M8x25 (bottom and alt for top) (x7 or 9)

There is 1 bolt used at the top of each bracket. The OEM is to use the 1st bolt listed. You can use the 2nd bolt listed as an alternate.

The 2nd bolt is used at the bottom of the bracket and back end to secure the shield.

Thanks a lot!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm still reading through the thread, but figured I'd ask in the meantime -- will 5Q0825902C work on an R?

Thx

You didn't get far did you...;)...as the first page with the second post I list the "C" as a single duct full skid tray...& remember all the trays will fit...just how much cooling do you want??...no ducts or a single duct (fro the skid tray)

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
You didn't get far did you...;)...as the first page with the second post I list the "C" as a single duct full skid tray...& remember all the trays will fit...just how much cooling do you want??...no ducts or a single duct (fro the skid tray)

I was rushing through the posts as the seller at the time had 1 left in stock and I didn't want to miss out on it at the price. Of course I didn't know he was going to keep adding more to inventory.

Thx

Renck

Ready to race!
I was rushing through the posts as the seller at the time had 1 left in stock and I didn't want to miss out on it at the price. Of course I didn't know he was going to keep adding more to inventory.

Thx

I was at the same rush! Glad that you got yours and I have mine shipped too. Their eBay store is showing they have zero available as of this moment. So, lucky us!

;)

mrrogers1

I also ordered one and buddy did as well. Thanks for the link to this KILLER deal on the real part. We got two no vent models #TDIguys [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mrrogers1

Heads up, the right bracket part number has already been superceded by part number 5Q0 825 922A here in NA. My parts guy kept getting invalid part number and then figured it out.

Now it's time to put an order into e-acca for the rest of the bottom pieces. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

mrrogers1

@golfdave, please disregard my original question on this as I took to reading the whole thread again.

New question, has anyone found a source for the rear exhaust cover For twist beam rear suspension: - Item No.18:- 5G0 825 206 J recently? Was going to get the front and rear exhaust panels from e-acca but seems the 5G0 part doesn't exist on there end. [emoji26]

Last edited: