GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Observations of a New R Owner

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The OP's post was one of the most cringe worthy first posts I have ever read.
Were it not for his references of being older, I wouldn't put him much past the age of 19.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
OP, dsg owners are sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the tables been reversed I have no doubt the MT guys would have crawled up his ass too! The comment he made was blatant and flagrant.

Shabba

Passed Driver's Ed
OP, dsg owners are sensitive.

Yeah, except I'm a manual guy for life and I didn't like the tone of what he posted either. I'll never understand the "all or none" mentality of some folks. The two transmissions can co-exist and people can own their preferred method. We don't have to have one or the other. I'm just glad the OP cleared the air.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
People get absolutely batsh*t crazy on golf forums when you dare to suggest that one transmission is better than the other. It's honestly insane, i don't even talk about DSG vs MT anymore it just brings out the worst in people.

Glad you like the car OP and hope you stick around the forums.

There's also a Facebook group called Club Wolfsburg that's Toronto/GTA based with a ton of members. Great for finding shops or answering questions.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Had the tables been reversed I have no doubt the MT guys would have crawled up his ass too! The comment he made was blatant and flagrant.

MTs get shit on daily here. Everyone needs to lighten up because everyone here drives a tarted up economy car, but hey it’s the internet.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
What a gross generalization by the OP.

I'm 47, and drove a 5-speed Evo IX as my daily for the past 11 years, until increasing OA in my left knee made me realize I just can't do it anymore.

The DSG option is one of the major reasons I looked at and, ultimately, selected the GTI. It really is a great option for those of us who don't or can't drive a manual, and a far cry from the 3-speed slush-boxes of yesteryear. To downplay the DSG as a compensatory option for "poor" drivers is completely ignorant.

BTW, be sure to remind yourself of your "superior" driving/shifting skills the next time you get walked by the DSG version of your own car...

tknj99

Ready to race!
MTs get shit on daily here. Everyone needs to lighten up because everyone here drives a tarted up economy car, but hey it’s the internet.

I wonder if this is a common theme on sports cars forums of MT guys vs Auto guys arguing daily lol

NCR-R

Ready to race!
People get absolutely batsh*t crazy on golf forums when you dare to suggest that one transmission is better than the other. It's honestly insane, i don't even talk about DSG vs MT anymore it just brings out the worst in people.

Glad you like the car OP and hope you stick around the forums.

There's also a Facebook group called Club Wolfsburg that's Toronto/GTA based with a ton of members. Great for finding shops or answering questions.

It isn't just a DSG vs MT here though, it's that anyone who DOESN'T get a MT is a crap driver comment... took it up a notch haha

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I'm an old guy and I love my DSG! Stage 2 with a "TCU tune" which makes a hell of a difference.

You can stick the "manual trans" where the sun don't shine!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Drag race!

DSG WINS!!!