GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED rear bumper reflector

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
From Aliexpress,

I’m thinking it could be an easy project. It would work with the breaking lights as well as turn signals and driving lights.
http://s.aliexpress.com/j2yiy67z

Has any one tried this or something similar?
Thoughts?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Not for me.

I'd get it colour matched or something like this: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32531

cb1111

Did you actually look t the photos? It looks like a two year old strung some christmas lights together - uneven and very tacky - not to say extremely illegal.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
It's a REFLECTOR, not a light. Please stop the LED madness!! Keep it a reflector - if you find yourself in your car, with no power at all in the middle of the night, along the narrow road with semi trucks and other people probably drunk and high cruising by - you want your car to be seen.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I like to have the led reflectors for safety, but why ilegal?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Because it’s dangerous to not have rear reflectors. For you and for others. As was just said.

cb1111

Back in the early 90's I drove through France on my way from the UK to Germany. I was driving my 89 Corvette. Not too much traffic on the highway at 2am so moving at 100mph plus.

A couple of cars behind me flashed at me as they passed me and I thought they were just complimenting the car.

When I stopped to get gas I realized that I had no taillights - somehow the fuse had blown. A new fuse got my tails back and all was good, but I was very happy to have the reflectors.

That aside, those LEDs are pretty awful.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Lights are tacky and reflector delete is dangerous.

Illegal because it is a federal mandate in the US.

Regardless of all the stuff that we do to our cars that are not within the law (I’m not going to incriminate myself :) ), this is the one thing that I would never do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Was surprised to see ECS selling honeycomb pattern covers for the rear reflectors.