GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's talk jacking points and jack stands...again

hawker800mech

Ready to race!
Sorry for the newbie question but I can't figure out how to go from jacking up one corner of the car with a jack, and then somehow transferring the exact same point over to a jack stand so I can then use the jack for the other sides. So according to these pictures I'm looking at you can jack up the car under those pinch welds? (I don't know where they are, are they near the jack points?)

Watch this: https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2f5u08346#/watch?v=eCZEq7pAHUE

Xdpker

Ready to race!
If not too much for anyone, but can a photo be posted of where on the subframe a jack stand can be placed?

I've held off rotating tires for a while now. Being so new to the GTI platform i don't want to mess anything up. I used to be able to jack my prior car from the middle front sub and/or rear differential, placing the stands on the pinch welds.

With the GTI, i've read you can't lift from the sub so pinch welds it is, but then i have no clue where to put the stands.

Thank you.

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I'm about to do my first oil change and wanted confirmation of whether the method I'm going to use is okay or not. I was planning to lift the car with a floor jack from the sub frame, near the dog bone mount bolt, placing jack stands under both reinforced front pinch welds spots, and lowering the floor jack. Is this an acceptable method?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I'm about to do my first oil change and wanted confirmation of whether the method I'm going to use is okay or not. I was planning to lift the car with a floor jack from the sub frame, near the dog bone mount bolt, placing jack stands under both reinforced front pinch welds spots, and lowering the floor jack. Is this an acceptable method?

Sure, that is what a lot of people do. Works perfectly fine.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Heard back from one of the Audi dealers nearby about the OEM parts. Wow, is that some expensive rubber/plastic! Here's what I was quoted:

8V0 825 271 (Qty:1) - $38.00/each
8V0 825 272 (Qty:1) - $38.00/each
8V0 802 845 (Qty:1) - $60.00/each
8V0 802 846 (Qty:1) - $60.00/each
8V0 802 847A (Qty:2) - $67.50/each
8V0 804 631 (Qty:2) - $60.00/each

TOTAL: $451(!!)

Unless I'm missing something really obvious, don't think I'll be doing that. Those ECS jack pads are looking pretty good now! Nevermind the fact that apparently that last part number was supposedly only available at one dealership in the entire country, so that one probably would have had to be shipped.

For anyone curious about these parts, here is some info from my existing post:

MUCH cheaper from e-Acca:

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Damn man, $132? That's pretty expensive for jack stands. They look sturdy as hell, but the price point is painful :)

They are 3-ton jacks but they feel like they could hold 6-tons each. Yes they are expensive but will no doubt out live my lifetime of use. No slippage with these, I feel totally safe under the car which I did not feel with normal jack stands.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I just bought a U-Jack and I need a new set of jack stands. Has to be the type with the slim mast so it can fit into the U-Jack.

Any suggestions for a brand of jack stands that work well with the pinch welds? Looking at my old jack stands, the shape of the “U” on the stands that would support the weld is too deep and it wont even come into full contact with the pinch weld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Squishy

Ready to race!
What's the best way to get the front end of the gti on jack stands, other than the method shown in the deutche auto parts youtube video which doesn't work for me cause my jack is much smaller than his.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
What's the best way to get the front end of the gti on jack stands, other than the method shown in the deutche auto parts youtube video which doesn't work for me cause my jack is much smaller than his.
If you're not lowered, you can get a floor jack under the dog bone hole and cup it with the floor jack.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk