GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Heel / Toe" Accelerator Pedal Extension

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I just ordered the Razo small. Looking at yirayira's picture, maybe the large would have been a better choice. Especially since it's adjustable any ways so could match the small pedals width.

hmm..

ashiun

Ready to race!
It takes less than 30 seconds to remove the gas pedal. Good prank for cars and coffee? Below is the larger Revo RP82A. I took my time to line up everything perfectly and it’s nice and secure. I only have 30 minutes of seat time but I would recommend

How did you remove the gas pedal assembly?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

ashiun

Ready to race!
It's a secret...

read post 4 or 18
Oh wow I'm really not sure how I missed that. Must've opened a different thread and went through pages 1-3 on that one... Woopsies.

Thanks

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Maybe my driving style is just different, but I personally love the pedal placement in the Mk7. It's perfect for me to blip the throttle with the right side of my right foot while I'm braking and downshifting.

It's fine for the wide footed and for those that brake "with their big toe" and throttle blip "with their pinky toe".

I wonder how many people who are running into issues heel-toeing the conventional way have stainless brake lines.

Part of why I think the stock set up works is because the brake pedal dead space. Take it out and yeah, it'd be a PITA to heel-toe this car.

I've been thinking about shaving some of the rubber down on the brake pedal to aide in getting my toe right where I want it, it slips off sometimes, causing a little pucker here and there lol

ashiun

Ready to race!
I added the razo pedal, and removed it after a day lol. I've tried a bunch of different settings, higher up on base pedal, lower down on base pedal, no spacers, small spacers, large spacers, spacers on top, spacers on bottom, and extension in various settings too.

The rugged and many-edged surface breaks the deal for me. Not smooth on and off throttle, its travel is non-linear because the edge catches my shoes and is leveraged to move faster for the first 20% travel. Also keeps catching the tread in my shoes.

I'm just going to go back to stock pedals lol. I've gotten better at heeltoeing in them anyways.