GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK 7.5 Headlight replica's for MK 7

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Ordered, should be here tomorrow :).

I have them. Going in this weekend.
The pin for the DRL is in the incorrect position so you'll need to repin the headlight connector for them to work properly. There's also an ugly molding seam in both headlight lenses. I've been in a refund dispute for two weeks now and getting nowhere.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
I have them. Going in this weekend.
The pin for the DRL is in the incorrect position so you'll need to repin the headlight connector for them to work properly. There's also an ugly molding seam in both headlight lenses. I've been in a refund dispute for two weeks now and getting nowhere.

You are installing them or getting refund?

Have pictures of the ugly molding? Curious on quality.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
You are installing them or getting refund?

Have pictures of the ugly molding? Curious on quality.

I am installing them. They offered a $52 refund but I'm trying to get more since they weren't as advertised for plug-n-play and the quality issue for the lens. There's another guy on here with the mk7.5 lights for 2018s and his don't have this bs and were also p-n-p. In order to get full refund you need to return them and pay shipping back to china (not worth it in my opinion).

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
I am installing them. They offered a $52 refund but I'm trying to get more since they weren't as advertised for plug-n-play and the quality issue for the lens. There's another guy on here with the mk7.5 lights for 2018s and his don't have this bs and were also p-n-p. In order to get full refund you need to return them and pay shipping back to china (not worth it in my opinion).

Yeah shipping back is steep. Would like to tries these on my Alltrack as well. Hopefully install goes smoothly.

Nsknick

Ready to race!

Which ones did you buy? There is multiple sellers of this product. I purchased from a seller that stated they were plug and play with the US model that I had. So with that, if they don't work, I'll be able to get a refund according to Aliexpress' refund policy.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Which ones did you buy? There is multiple sellers of this product. I purchased from a seller that stated they were plug and play with the US model that I had. So with that, if they don't work, I'll be able to get a refund according to Aliexpress' refund policy.

I bought these Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/M7fmEZZN
They also claim plug n play but state that wiring may vary which it does. You can see the lens molding line in the OP’s link too. They’re the same. Supplier. Read the fine print for refund-you pay return shipping!

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I just checked another listing that shows the plug on the headlight and it’s the same as mine. You’ll need to repin for the DRL to work. These are wired for Chinese market which must have DRL pin in a different location.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
I just checked another listing that shows the plug on the headlight and it’s the same as mine. You’ll need to repin for the DRL to work. These are wired for Chinese market which must have DRL pin in a different location.

Have you researched if there is an adapter you could buy, so that you wouldn't have to re pin?

Nsknick

Ready to race!
It's interesting because some of the reviews state they are american, and the reviews don't include anything about the lights NOT being plug and play. Even though the reviews are in a different language, perhaps that is the currency they use?

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Please post pics and a review.. Very curious.

Will do when they come in! I'm kind of worried now that I will indeed have to re pin, which is not really what I want to do. Maybe other companies with better QC will come out with a better made product. We will see. I'll post up pics as soon as I get them!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Switching pins around is very easy. Nothing to worry about. I did this when I setup my rear tails. Found that the smaller of these tools worked perfectly. Not sure if the headlight plug required the same size terminal tool, but it likely does.