bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
This is the second post I’ve seen about this lol, what is it?

lol long story short--

in 1998 Mcdonalds released a special sauce for the Mulan movie release, which was the szechuan sauce. Fast forward to the future, the cartoon Rick and Morty mentions Mcdonalds and the sauce in an episode. In 2017, Mcdonalds did a special Rick and Morty promo that would release the sauce for one day. Well, apparently the restaurants that did get the sauce only got 20 packets (yes, twenty), which led to people camping, long lines, riots, police getting called (yep), and neck beards standing on tables yelling Rock and Morty quotes. Post chaos, Mcdonalds said they would re release the sauce and, to be fair, would release a huge amount so literally everyone could have some. The date of the release was today, and me being a nerd had to try my luck. Well, indeed, I was able to walk in, ask for the sauce, and walk out. No lines, no craziness, etc.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
BTW, the original re-release of the sauce (2017) had sauce packets going on eBay for up to $15000 a packet. Absolute craziness.

And before anyone asks "How does it taste?"

It tastes very...asian. And I'm not trying to be funny or ignorant with that comment. It has a soy-y, teriyaki-y, and very ginger-y flavor. If anyone has tried the ginger sauce from Benihana, it tastes very similar. I like it, and think it pairs well with the nuggets.

blackecho101

I got a bunch from my local mcdonalds yesterday for me and my fiancee to try them out. I figured I had to since we are Rick and Morty fans. (The guy at the counter said they had the sauce for weeks in the back.) We each came to the conclusion that it tastes like sweet and sour sauce mixed with teriyaki sauce. It was pretty good, but I'm 28 and don't remember this sauce when it was out, I can't imagine many other Rick and Morty fans that was probably younger than myself being able to either. Does it taste the same as before?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
BTW, the original re-release of the sauce (2017) had sauce packets going on eBay for up to $15000 a packet. Absolute craziness.

And before anyone asks "How does it taste?"

It tastes very...asian. And I'm not trying to be funny or ignorant with that comment. It has a soy-y, teriyaki-y, and very ginger-y flavor. If anyone has tried the ginger sauce from Benihana, it tastes very similar. I like it, and think it pairs well with the nuggets.

My gf ran that campaign for McDonald’s PR agency. They had boxes of the sauce in her office and couldn’t do anything with it [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
I got a bunch from my local mcdonalds yesterday for me and my fiancee to try them out. I figured I had to since we are Rick and Morty fans. (The guy at the counter said they had the sauce for weeks in the back.) We each came to the conclusion that it tastes like sweet and sour sauce mixed with teriyaki sauce. It was pretty good, but I'm 28 and don't remember this sauce when it was out, I can't imagine many other Rick and Morty fans that was probably younger than myself being able to either. Does it taste the same as before?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Yeah Im around your age and didn't try the original. My friend is older and did have the sauce back in 98 but hasn't tried the new one. So im curious what he thinks or if he even remembers the intricacies of the taste of the original lol

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone checked the dates on the packages? I'm wondering if they dug up New Old Stock sauce from 1998, that had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

zoominms3

Ready to race!

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
^Yeah man it's insane. I actually totally forgot about that GTI that was traded for a packet lol