GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue with nav on 2017 golf r?

sandman0248

Woo-hoo, The Great 5F Shortage of 2017 is over! Got a call from my dealership this morning...my 5F is in, and I'm getting it installed tomorrow. Hopefully everyone else's will show up soon.

Gadwood74

I'm also curious about this SF Module. I have the exact same issue, however, my car is not covered under warranty (branded). Any idea on the cost of this module?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Could this be 5F (not SF), as 5F is the internal code name in VW's VAS system (and also VCDS), for the infotainment system unit (as per the photo at the beginning of the thread).

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Could this be 5F (not SF), as 5F is the internal code name in VW's VAS system (and also VCDS), for the infotainment system unit (as per the photo at the beginning of the thread).

I think you're right - I mistakenly called it "SF" rather than 5F, and it makes sense that it's the entire unit in the glove box - NFW a dealer is cracking that thing opening and replacing anything internal, such as the SD card readers.

Gadwood74

Had my unit tested, reprogrammed, cleaned and everything else at the dealer today and nothing to do. Still impossible to have Navigation. Messages "Starting Navigation" and " checking navigation data" are permanent. Impossible to use navigation and function INFO either. The unit is defective. It's a Delphi, first version. The technician swapped my unit with another unit from a car in the showroom (Delphi as well but model number ending with an A). This one was good. The damn thing is 1,000$...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I read a blurb the other day about Delphi & TechniSat MIBII units, apparently they are quite different, they don't even use the same CPU! Delphi does however seem to produce more than their share of turds. Haven't heard of any trouble with the earlier TechniSat units.

anaxagoras

just got my car back from the dealer. They worked with the VW corproate tech line. They were told this is a known issue that will be resolved with a firmware update sometime this month, so i'm in a holding pattern.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
Nav issues with 17 Alltrack SEL

Took the car home Thu 2/2/17...Sun 2/5/17 the display says device (HTC M9) disconnected followed by system cycling off/on...restarted phone, same problem...reset system to factory setting, same problem...took back to dealer for diagnostic and told software issue(s) to be resolved by VW in Feb 2017...was also told that there are widespread occurrences like this...a currently working system on 2017 models will most likely fail, too...also, reset system by holding the on button until the screen messages started...nothing worked...VW service said VW stopped replacing the radios/cd players because they believe the problem is software related, not hardward since they have replaced numerous units and the problem persists...a big disappointment in an otherwise beautiful experience to own and drive this car

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
VW rep came to dealership today (2/17/17) to download a software update from VW...took 3+ hours because of connection speed...another 1 hour for the download into my car...but, after all said and done, my Discover System is fully capable...so, please ask your dealer if the software is available or when a rep will come!!! GL

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
Good thing for car play. My brand new gti the nav never worked so maybe wait a few weeks for the solution.
VW rep came to dealership today (2/17/17) to download a software update from VW...took 3+ hours because of connection speed...another 1 hour for the download into my car...but, after all said and done, my Discover System is fully capable...so, please ask your dealer if the software is available or when a rep will come!!! GL

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
just got my car back from the dealer. They worked with the VW corproate tech line. They were told this is a known issue that will be resolved with a firmware update sometime this month, so i'm in a holding pattern.