GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
you think $26k total for a used 17 autobahn is realistic?

am i right in thinking an autobahn is only worth it if it has the DCC package? otherwise the better deal would be to get an SE

Ninjastyle

Passed Driver's Ed
you think $26k total for a used 17 autobahn is realistic?

am i right in thinking an autobahn is only worth it if it has the DCC package? otherwise the better deal would be to get an SE

You can get a new one for like $28-29K, so it just depends on what the discount means to you. Personally I would want a *much* larger discount (relative to the already discounted price of a new one), to compensate me for the risk of buying a used car.

Lots of people trying to unload their ‘17’s with <5K miles, but IMHO the discounts VW has been offering on new ones pretty much kills the market for used ‘17’s.

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
You can get a new one for like $28-29K, so it just depends on what the discount means to you. Personally I would want a *much* larger discount (relative to the already discounted price of a new one), to compensate me for the risk of buying a used car.

Lots of people trying to unload their ‘17’s with <5K miles, but IMHO the discounts VW has been offering on new ones pretty much kills the market for used ‘17’s.

28-29k out the door? 26-27k OTD is kind of my limit, and if you're telling me I can expect to get a used 17 autobahn for even less than that, that's encouraging. I heard 17 autobahn's come standard with DCC. if thats true, that's great!

Ninjastyle

Passed Driver's Ed
28-29k out the door? 26-27k OTD is kind of my limit, and if you're telling me I can expect to get a used 17 autobahn for even less than that, that's encouraging. I heard 17 autobahn's come standard with DCC. if thats true, that's great!

Sorry not OTD. On the forums people are reporting around $7K off sticker (not including TTL), possibly even more, for new ‘17 Autobahns.

The problem is that people are trying to unload used ‘17’s (eg with <5K miles) for that price. That’s laughable. You can probably get a new ‘18 Autobahn (with a better warranty) for $4-5K off sticker.

If you are trying to buy a used ‘17 Autobahn I personally would only pay up to $26K OTD but I don’t think people are prepared to let the discounts on new cars to drive the discounts they should be charging for their old cars. I’m guessing for a new ‘17 Autobahn with <10K miles people will try to quote you asking prices closer to $30K OTD.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
FWIW, I was told by several dealers that if you finance, you have to keep the loan a minimum of 3 payments. But my sales guy I bought my car from told me they just say that to get an incentive kickback after the 3 months...that in reality you can pay it off as soon as you'd like. That may have assumed VW financing, and they didn't finance me through VW in the end.

I haven't received my financing paperwork to verify this yet, but something to look for if you're weighing options.

oxygenleon

Got my first GTI last week. '18 GTI SE w/ DSG and leather seating for $31000 OTD. Location is in Bay Area.
Even the everyday commute seems nicer now.

Last edited:

wantone

Ready to race!
FWIW, I was told by several dealers that if you finance, you have to keep the loan a minimum of 3 payments. But my sales guy I bought my car from told me they just say that to get an incentive kickback after the 3 months...that in reality you can pay it off as soon as you'd like. That may have assumed VW financing, and they didn't finance me through VW in the end.

I haven't received my financing paperwork to verify this yet, but something to look for if you're weighing options.

What is the penalty? Your first 3 payments are pretty much all interest. You'd be wise to pay it off asap. Penalty can't be that high.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
What is the penalty? Your first 3 payments are pretty much all interest. You'd be wise to pay it off asap. Penalty can't be that high.

Right. My sales guy told me there is no penalty. Probably depends on who your financed with though.

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
The stealership gets $1,000 from the bank if they have you finance. My dealer said, if i keep the loan open for 120 days, they get their $1,000 incentive from the bank. By financing, they forward me that discount up front. They just want you to honor the deal so it doesn't come out of their pockets.

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry not OTD. On the forums people are reporting around $7K off sticker (not including TTL), possibly even more, for new ‘17 Autobahns.

The problem is that people are trying to unload used ‘17’s (eg with <5K miles) for that price. That’s laughable. You can probably get a new ‘18 Autobahn (with a better warranty) for $4-5K off sticker.

If you are trying to buy a used ‘17 Autobahn I personally would only pay up to $26K OTD but I don’t think people are prepared to let the discounts on new cars to drive the discounts they should be charging for their old cars. I’m guessing for a new ‘17 Autobahn with <10K miles people will try to quote you asking prices closer to $30K OTD.

Thanks man. Another option i'm leaning towards is an 18 SE if i can find one for 26k OTD or below. I just wish someone would hurry up and buy my '13 MK6 already so I can proceed with this

suneohair1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man. Another option i'm leaning towards is an 18 SE if i can find one for 26k OTD or below. I just wish someone would hurry up and buy my '13 MK6 already so I can proceed with this

$26k OTD on an 18 SE is going to be pretty difficult (and likely impossible), at least this early on. This time next year, an 18 SE MT would get close. Realistically before the 19s come into view, I'd expect to pay $27k-$29k (MT/DSG) before TTL as a best-case scenario.

This is just based on the reports I am seeing.

wantone

Ready to race!
Welp bit the bullet today. My first non Ford car ever. My first auto/non manual car ever. Here's the breakdown:

2017 GTI S DSG White

Sale price: $20,066.45
Freight-Included
Doc fee-$300
Tax-$300 (That is wrong and I told them the tax would be $500. But they charged $300 anyway)
Tags-$83.00
Total-$20,749.45

This included the $500 Partner Program certificate.

My taxes are $500 and NOT $300 so they goofed. Our agreed upon price when I told them my taxes were $500 was $20,750. Not sure what to do here. No way I'm paying them $200 more after the deal. They will have to adjust on their end. I can't imagine them coming after me. Not going to happen getting water out of this stone.

Car did have 80 miles on it and was at the dealer for many months. I wasn't thrilled with the 80 miles, but I won't be keeping the car much over 2 years so no biggie. They had a second 2017 with lower miles that had been on the lot for 289 days but the battery was dead so they couldn't unlock to see the actual miles. The service center was closed.

While I was at the dealer, another dealer called and left a message saying they need 2 deals by 6pm and would beat any price for sure. By then it was too late for me to leave. Of course I'm curious as to how low they would go. But this deal seems OK.

The deal was painless but did take longer than I was expecting. We agreed on the price within 10 minutes. Just a lot of sitting around and stuff and it ended up being 3 hours. ZERO pressure for extended warranty or maintenance which was nice. ZERO pressure for trading in my Ford. In and out of the finance office in 15 minutes. Sweet. They did say they could probably beat my PenFed 2.99/60 month loan by .5%. I declined, but since PenFed will send me a check this week I may ask again to see what they can do before the PenFed check arrives. Yes, I left without paying for the vehicle and just an email from PenFed say the loan was approved is all it took. BTW I applied to PenFed on the phone in the dealership while I was sitting there. That took 10 minutes.

My best email quote before I went shopping today for a 2017 GTI S DSG was $21,600 OTD so I beat that.

While waiting for the car to be ready, I hung out at the front desk with a bunch of other people. Talking with some and eavesdropping on others. They were getting nervous as they needed just 4 more deals to get done TODAY. I guess there is some pressure to hit the numbers at the end of the month if it's been slow.

Car is still at dealership as I drove my Ford home. Will pick up tomorrow. Overall great experience! Now if I only would have answered that other dealer that called who knows what that deal would have been............haha!

LachlanGordon

Ready to race!
Got my 7.5 gti last month, full options (leather, sunroof, electric seats, digital dash, drivers assist, upgraded sound system etc)
DSG

52k with all on roads paid, think I did pretty well considering rrp is 61000