GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRI Reset error - no adapatation channel

Twincam.222

hi, i am getting message saying 'no adapatation chanel could be read' when i try to hit SRI button...

Is there a problem or do i need to add the adapatation channel??

Twincam.222

I might have just found issue.... from rosstech website

Some vehicles do not use service intervals at all. If VCDS reports that adaptation channels could not be read check the Instrument cluster coding to see if service intervals are applicable

I'm sure my 15 R would have service intervals as the service inspection message has kept coming up!!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I might have just found issue.... from rosstech website

Some vehicles do not use service intervals at all. If VCDS reports that adaptation channels could not be read check the Instrument cluster coding to see if service intervals are applicable

I'm sure my 15 R would have service intervals as the service inspection message has kept coming up!!

Which version of VCDS and cable are you using? Older cables need a firmware update.

Did you get to a screen that asks whether you want one of two types of reset? I believe it's service, or service and inspection. I see you're ROW so you might have a different screen. On my car I believe I need to check a box for both service and inspection or it does neither.

I'll be resetting mine in about a week and I'll notice what happens. Hard to remember when you only do it once per year.

Did you try the technique where you use the trip odometer reset button?