GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver side interior door handle intermittently not opening

Frankh1

Recently (during the recent cold spell in the uk) the driver side interior door handle on my 2013 golf stopped pulling all the way and so wouldn't unlock the door, it would open fine from the outside.

Then suddenly it started working again and I thought maybe the problem was it iced up and froze the mechanism. However it's broken and fixed itself again in the mild weather.

Any idea whats going on and is it something I can easily fix myself?

Probably not related but for a while several months ago the outside passenger door handle was very stiff when the car door was shut, seems to have fixed itself though.

Thanks!

VWtilly

Recently (during the recent cold spell in the uk) the driver side interior door handle on my 2013 golf stopped pulling all the way and so wouldn't unlock the door, it would open fine from the outside.

Then suddenly it started working again and I thought maybe the problem was it iced up and froze the mechanism. However it's broken and fixed itself again in the mild weather.

Any idea whats going on and is it something I can easily fix myself?

Probably not related but for a while several months ago the outside passenger door handle was very stiff when the car door was shut, seems to have fixed itself though.

Thanks!
Did you ever sort this out? I have the same issue on the passenger side. Big worry if I was ever in a crash and the passenger couldn't get out.

It is an intermittent issue and tends to be when one person gets in the car. I quick thump and it usually starts working again.

VWtilly

Have you guys tried shooting some Wurth HHS2000 into the hinges and locking mechanism?

I'll try that later. But its like it's child locked rather than a mechanical failure

cheers though! Only issue with an intermittent issue is it's hard to test haha!