GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lower engine cover for sale

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Received the part within 3 days of sending the payment. It was packaged very nicely with a bunch of bubble wraps and the hardware was inside a ziplock bag. Very impressed!
Thanks for such a painless transaction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when you remove this later that it connects 3 different ways.
If you pull on the left side thinking it connects like the right side you can break the hook on the left. I also remove mine before service as they are not common here and not sure if each mechanic will know how to remove.
FYI.

moonluv810

Ready to race!
That's all it does. The intake manifold is pretty ugly, so this is good for anyone dressing up their engine bay for shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be foolish now... Show? This piece helps with the aerodynamic under the hood to propel your car at maximum velocity.

:)

I don't do shows, but I like detailing my car including under the hood. Like Doc said, the manifold is ugly and traps water and dirt.

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Remember when you remove this later that it connects 3 different ways.

If you pull on the left side thinking it connects like the right side you can break the hook on the left. I also remove mine before service as they are not common here and not sure if each mechanic will know how to remove.

FYI.

Appreciate the heads up!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
For a daily driver, drilling holes in air box not much use also.
Sorry, just had to.
He went there lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Don't be foolish now... Show? This piece helps with the aerodynamic under the hood to propel your car at maximum velocity.

:)

I don't do shows, but I like detailing my car including under the hood. Like Doc said, the manifold is ugly and traps water and dirt.

I hear it can take a quarter second off your quarter mile by re-flowing the air path with optimal ducting strategies.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Appreciate the heads up!

Also, it is easier and might only be installed with the main cover off. The front cover has a longer center post that has a clip on the end. You have to reach down with 1 finger and push it to release. When I remove I pull up the right side. This side attaches like the main cover (push ball). Then reach down and push in the center post clip. Pull lightly so the post move out enough to clear the clip. Then you slowly pull and rotate to the left and forward so the hook mount on he right clears what it hooks on. Never pull straight up on the left. To install almost a reverse of this. If the left side does not hook on install you can move it down some and you will hear it click. If cover is not in right it will feel solid, no movement. If all the way installed it moves a little. Sort of floats in place. VW should have just had the long center post and a push ball mount on each side. Sorry for details, in a rush I forgot about the hook on the left and pulled mine up like the main cover. Broke. Had to repair with two part plastic glue. Holds fine and one can not see it.