GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gtechnic syrum

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Getting my car detailed and the full in and out gtechnic protection costing £1000 near as makes no difference.
Any one had it and what ate your thoughts?
My car is pure white

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quantim0

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
16 GTI and S3
I put the CSL on the GTI and it works really well. Easy to apply and sheds water/dirty pretty well. I have their EXO on my ST and it definitely sheds water better, however that is at the cost of durability. To my eyes the EXO looks better on the car vs the CSL, but both cars are completely different colors, so it's hard to say. My next car will get the CSL under EXO for the best of both worlds. If you are paying someone to do it I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way.

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
I put the CSL on the GTI and it works really well. Easy to apply and sheds water/dirty pretty well. I have their EXO on my ST and it definitely sheds water better, however that is at the cost of durability. To my eyes the EXO looks better on the car vs the CSL, but both cars are completely different colors, so it's hard to say. My next car will get the CSL under EXO for the best of both worlds. If you are paying someone to do it I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way.
Why will I be disappointed??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I went with gtechniq cs black on my car (crystal serum plus exo on top) and it was worth paying for. My car is black and it makes the paint look wet and it will make washing/drying the car easier. There are a few good coatings out there, I just went with what my closest reputable detailer was offering.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I swear by gtechniq.
I used exo on my 128i and for over a year it still is very much hydrophobic. The key is keeping your car clean for longer lasting coating protection.

I applied CSL on my parent's newly acquired GLC300 this year and I can report the same results with my 128i. Now I just have to see if the claim of 4-5 years is correct.

I used G1 on windshields and glass and get my 24 months out of them which is perfect for the winters we have here.

I am a weekend warrior and I prefer gtechniq over opticoat. I have yet to try any other coatings but that is because I am so satisfied with gtechniq that I have no desire to change brands.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Had the black serum & 2 coats exo on top professionally applied...did the inside, glass & alloys myself. cost £750 ish for my estate 3yrs ago.

exo wears off (as it will) so I top up with cv2?? the spray on wipe of stuff...black serum (BS) still solid & yes tar spots & bug will still stick...but use their tar & bug removers which are BS safe & the tar & bugs wipe off.

I use a jet wash on medium setting to clean car, then foam, then two bucket & merino wool mitt wash....car comes up shiney, & water beads off.

I use all their liquid products & have various other brand brushes (also EZ wheel brushes), MF cloths, two dedicated buckets with grit guards & scrub boards...

Basically when you clean a car the idea is to remove all dirt, bugs etc. without scratching the paintwork. The BS basically means that you do not have to then polish or put sealant on the car ever again as the paintwork is perfect...the only reason I put the cv2?? on is to top up the water repellence & thus dirt repellence...

PS I live in the Highlands & near the sea & a sandy beach....so grit, sand, salt....etc...