GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riptide's MK7 GTI 6SP Pure White

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
intercooler

See that's what I considered but I'm moving from Panama City Florida to Greeley Colorado in a month so I think I'll be fine with my current setup as I don't plan on racing or anything of the sort. I was considering maybe some stage 2 mounts but idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I realistically just want a quick car. I'm sure it'll get a little quicker with the IE intercooler I was thinking about adding but not $900 worth of quickness.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
See that's what I considered but I'm moving from Panama City Florida to Greeley Colorado in a month so I think I'll be fine with my current setup as I don't plan on racing or anything of the sort. I was considering maybe some stage 2 mounts but idk.

I realistically just want a quick car. I'm sure it'll get a little quicker with the IE intercooler I was thinking about adding but not $900 worth of quickness.

Ordered a Forge Twintercooler

LOL. No, I don't want an IC. OK, I don't want that IC. OK, I bought an IC. WORE YOU DOWN BRO!

dv0dv0

I might be wrong, isn't a clutch pretty necessary when going to stage 2 tune? I think I read that there was some significant clutch slipping once you upgrade to stage 2 on the stock clutch

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I might be wrong, isn't a clutch pretty necessary when going to stage 2 tune? I think I read that there was some significant clutch slipping once you upgrade to stage 2 on the stock clutch

You're not wrong at all, any increase in horsepower/torque causes stock clutches to slip. I already purchased an RSR Clutch from hstuning.com and I just got it today actually and it gets installed on Monday.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
So I scratched getting the intercooler, I decided to wait. On Monday I'm getting the RSR clutch from hstuning installed as well as my IE Turbo Muffler Delete, Denso IKH24 spark plugs and my ECS Skid Plate

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Just today got my Cobb Accessport V3 and I also purchased the MAP Stage 2 tune since Cobb's stage 2 tune requires an aftermarket intake and an intercooler only. Stage 3 requires all of Stage 2 requirements plus a downpipe and can't be run without an intercooler. So I purchased the tune from Ian at MAP performance and my car runs fantastically on their Stage 2 93 octane map. I love the easy usability of the Cobb Accessport so it gets my recommendation.