GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Looking forward to getting to the range this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
I just found this thread am in love!!!

Anyone in Denver shoot Trap or Skeet? There is a great club out by the airport that is just amazing called Colorado Clays, always looking for people to shoot with for fun.

Im a left handed shooter(blindish in right eye) so I use a H&K VP9 for my handgun since its one of the few ambidextrous guns out there.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Ok, I'm dead set on it, Ruger Precision Rifle is next for me. Bouncing back and forth from .308 or 6.5 Creedmore. Getting the rifle in anything but 6.5 seems like going against the rifle's true purpose and design, but at the same time having a .308 marksman rifle that can accept M1A mags sounds awesome too, plus it's shorter and lighter. (4" and 1lb.)

Probably going to go with the 6.5, but just curious what you guys felt or would do yourselves? If I already had something chambered in .308 it would be an easy choice but I don't, so either way it's a new cartridge to add to my list of cartridges.

Joel

Ready to race!
I would probably go .308 but I already have an AR-10 and reloading dies for .308.
If your going for super long range accuracy though the 6.5 is the better choice.
.308 could be more available in a shortage...

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I would probably go .308 but I already have an AR-10 and reloading dies for .308.
If your going for super long range accuracy though the 6.5 is the better choice.
.308 could be more available in a shortage...
Trust me, the logistics keep bringing me back to .308. Especially if we have the same "shortage" in mind. Ha.

It's like a .30-06. Every hardware store and walmart in this state has it, a good reason to have a .30-06. I don't still...

I am probably going to get the 6.5 though, since I already have scoped rifles capable of lesser ranges. The RPR is a purpose built platform that comes with a purpose built round. Combine the two and you're shoot .8 MOA consistently at 600yds. The .308 is like .9-1.2 MOA. I would obviously have to find myself a regular range to go to, looks like it's time to join a rifle club.

I wish they offered it in 7mm mag or .300WM

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The RPR in 6.5 Creedmore is an impressive piece of gear. You could bang the gong at 1,200 m with good glass all day. 308 is dropping like a rock out there.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The RPR in 6.5 Creedmore is an impressive piece of gear. You could bang the gong at 1,200 m with good glass all day. 308 is dropping like a rock out there.
Exactly. Past 500m the 6.5 really starts to shine. I can't wait to get the RPR!

Probably sticking to Vortex for optics this time around too. I am loving my Crossfire II I got. Such a beast scope for the price.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Exactly. Past 500m the 6.5 really starts to shine. I can't wait to get the RPR!

Probably sticking to Vortex for optics this time around too. I am loving my Crossfire II I got. Such a beast scope for the price.

Vortex scopes sit squarely at the crossing point of price and performance on the value graph. Fine choice.

And let's face it: us guys in Cleveland or Delaware don't have that many options to shoot over 500m anyway. That's the longest firing point at the range I go to, and I live in the sticks. Montana or Wyoming we ain't. That's where a scope that costs double your rifle might make sense.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm a big fan of SWFA scopes.

Easy to slam steel at 1000+ yards with my 6.5cm and a $300 SWFA fixed 12x.

Also have the 3-15x FFP on my heavy 20" AR. 800yd setup with 77gr SMKs all day long.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Due to recent, and very unfortunate events, in the city of Las Vegas, NV. I feel that the RPR may get intercepted by a rifle that the media hates and is trying to kill. The RPR is bolt-action(stick shift FTW) and probably wouldn't fall under a lot of ridiculous legislation that may or may not come in the next year or so. However, Kalashnikov pattern rifles will, and I wouldn't mind another in the family. Decisions decisions.

Buy a case of em, cover them in cosmoline, and burying them in the woods. "

"What AKs?"

Lol.

armedferret

Ready to race!
Due to recent, and very unfortunate events, in the city of Las Vegas, NV. I feel that the RPR may get intercepted by a rifle that the media hates and is trying to kill. The RPR is bolt-action(stick shift FTW) and probably wouldn't fall under a lot of ridiculous legislation that may or may not come in the next year or so. However, Kalashnikov pattern rifles will, and I wouldn't mind another in the family. Decisions decisions.

Buy a case of em, cover them in cosmoline, and burying them in the woods. "

"What AKs?"

Lol.

I can't disagree with your sentiment. But get a nice salty one. This pair, one has trench art carvings from the Serbian Civil War, and the other has a dinosaur sticker which was put there LONG before it came into my possession. :D

BFPUs_2 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
In the AK realm, I have an M70 O-PAP, a PAP M92, and a Bulgarian AK-74 and love ‘em all. I was fortunate enough to stock up on thousands of tin can sealed 7N6 rounds for the 74 before Obama banned them. Barring future governmental stupidity, they will be handed down to my sons, still functioning flawlessly after thousands of rounds down each barrel.