GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Marshall@COBB's 2017 GTI Sport

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Yes to this too!

Flat Foot Shifting and Launch Control will be two of the first custom features available for the GTI platform.

Marshall@COBB

or access port for us R owners ;):D

Bigeyedfi5h

Your setup looks really nice! I had a TEIN Coilover setup with the adjustable dampening on my STI, and even with the softest setting, it was still pretty stiff. I loved the height adjustability, but it got tough to commute in because of the stiffness. Looking to do something that is a little more comfortable on my GTI. Would you recommend your Pro Kit/Koni set up for daily drivers?

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
or access port for us R owners ;):D

It's on the agenda! Keep in mind, we're still a fairly small company. All of our VW reverse engineering work is handled by two people so unfortunately some of the more time-intensive projects do take a bit longer to complete.

Your setup looks really nice! I had a TEIN Coilover setup with the adjustable dampening on my STI, and even with the softest setting, it was still pretty stiff. I loved the height adjustability, but it got tough to commute in because of the stiffness. Looking to do something that is a little more comfortable on my GTI. Would you recommend your Pro Kit/Koni set up for daily drivers?

Thanks! I am still completely happy with the Koni/Pro-Kit combo as a daily driven setup and would absolutely recommend it. We recently installed the Pro-Kit on our shop 2017 GTI (with OEM struts) and I will say that my car is noticeably stiffer, but not to the point of uncomfortable.

Marshall@COBB

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
New mods! I ordered a few LEDs from deAutoKey/deAutoLED for the GTI.

I really like the look of LEDs on newer cars. Although relatively minor, I feel they add a level of refinement to the overall look of a car. I sat on this decision before pulling the trigger as the whole package is relatively pricey. Excited to get them on the car though!

Ended up going with the following:

Hoping to find time to install all of them over the weekend as well as make a few VCDS changes. I have also located my old DSLR, so prepare yourselves for the painful experience of watching me learn how to use it!

Marshall@COBB

Thank you for the support, we appreciate it. We have been watching this so it is awesome to be part of the build also. We will share and tag this great photo!

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Well, it's been a while! Only addition since the last update has been a Thule roof rack with bike mounts.

I also finally got around to making a quick video for our Mk7 Cat-back Exhaust!

Last edited:

king12sky

Ready to race!
Anything coming up for a DSG tune Marshall? Or did you guys ever gotten a DSG car to mess around with? =)

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
It's on the agenda! We have 2 DSG cars in house now (mine being one of them). Once Mk7 Golf R support is completed I believe we'll be diving in to DSG tuning. Hoping to see some good progress on that by the end of this year.

Marshall@COBB

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
It's on the agenda! We have 2 DSG cars in house now (mine being one of them). Once Mk7 Golf R support is completed I believe we'll be diving in to DSG tuning. Hoping to see some good progress on that by the end of this year.

Marshall@COBB

Any ETA on the mk7 R support? I had you guys on my mk6 gti and enjoyed it.

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Finally got around to moving everything away from Photobucket.

Sorry for the lack of updates here! Nothing new has been added to the car other than an updated Stage 1 OTS map with Traction Control enabled. I'm now pondering either an intercooler upgrade and moving to Stage 2 or some new wheels.

Marshall@COBB

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I now have 6000 miles on the car and decided it was time for it's first oil change.

Decided to go with LiquiMoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 and a VW replacement filter.

This was probably the easiest oil change I've ever done. While the plastic/composite oil pan and drain plug are a bit unconventional, the style of the plug does make it much easier to not coat your hand in motor oil.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Hey Marshall,

Launch Control anytime soon? =)