GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New interior project

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Aw man, is it the carbon patterend one though? I found this through ecs https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...c-control-head-trim-matte-black/5gm863041ckk/ but they have it as matte black, maybe that's how it's described with the pattern on it? Last time I got something from the US I got charged stupid money for customs, almost half the value on top to pay, buuuut actually was thinking about the mk7.5 tails and cars is the place to go so might be something to look into when the time comes, for now I might just have to make do, surprisingly the gaps are not noticeable unless you really look

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Hm. realized i never replied to this. Apologies. Yes, i believe the carbon-print pattern is described as matte black in the parts catalogs. I seem to recall verifying this when double checking some other known carbon print bits from the GTI.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
like the subtle look better ��
Great job!!

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Work in progress. Not my best job, probably should've used some heat to really set it well, but wanted to get the sense of how it'd look. I'll likely finish the rest of the bits today.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Work in progress. Not my best job, probably should've used some heat to really set it well, but wanted to get the sense of how it'd look. I'll likely finish the rest of the bits today.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
What did you do? Wrap?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, vinyl wrap center console bit. Bailed after doing all the faux carbon bits, realizing the removal of the door panel bits would require more work than i wanted to chase. It's a black metal brushed vinyl from vvivid. Looking at the photo now i realize what a potato-photo.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Yeah, vinyl wrap center console bit. Bailed after doing all the faux carbon bits, realizing the removal of the door panel bits would require more work than i wanted to chase. It's a black metal brushed vinyl from vvivid. Looking at the photo now i realize what a potato-photo.
It's very similar to the brushed aluminium look look that I think it's the R has as stock.
But looks like you did a good job. Yea the door trim is very hard to get off, I stripped the gtd doors I wanted the trim off, I've yet to replace them on to my doors.
But you can wrap them while they are on the door, just be patient and it's not that difficult

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, i chose the black brushed metal to emulate the older golf r32s that came with brushed metal accents. They had brushed steel, but i figured the gti has the accent bits that are brushed already so it'd look off to mix and match textures. I think it's maybe the alltrack and the passat that have a brushed metal interior in current models. I may later play with some black honeycomb vinyl i've seen from oracal or something similar.

I thought about wrapping while on the door, as there is enough play there, but decided against it. Just didn't want to wrap while on the door. I may give it another go in the future. It wasn't too bad. Honestly mostly something to do on a saturday.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Yeah, i chose the black brushed metal to emulate the older golf r32s that came with brushed metal accents. They had brushed steel, but i figured the gti has the accent bits that are brushed already so it'd look off to mix and match textures. I think it's maybe the alltrack and the passat that have a brushed metal interior in current models. I may later play with some black honeycomb vinyl i've seen from oracal or something similar.

I thought about wrapping while on the door, as there is enough play there, but decided against it. Just didn't want to wrap while on the door. I may give it another go in the future. It wasn't too bad. Honestly mostly something to do on a saturday.
The only issue I had when wrapping the doors was the part around the controls, you can't get the wrap tucked under and mine just looks like **** that's one of the main reasons I'm removing it and doing it the way I am. But I'll have to take the door cards off, and cut off the plastic rivets, I used a drill on the other cards but I didn't have to be neat on them.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Damn that original white trim looks so bold and sickkk! It’s definitely A LOT but still props on just going for it OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakili

Ready to race!
I just swapped my grey trim to piano black. Tell you, plastic trim around gear stick was nightmare to remove.
Now I have full set of spare grey trim. Wanted to do something with it wrap or spray. Can I ask you, how did you manage to remove silver round bezel trim around clocks?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I just swapped my grey trim to piano black. Tell you, plastic trim around gear stick was nightmare to remove.
Now I have full set of spare grey trim. Wanted to do something with it wrap or spray. Can I ask you, how did you manage to remove silver round bezel trim around clocks?

I took a sharp blade to the plastic rivets on the back. Just shave them away and the trim will drop out. To get them back on i just placed them in, didn't stick them, the extra layer of paint i put on sort of holds them in tight.