GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Indiana Dubber Thread

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Thats sounds like the result of new management. They use to support APR. Heck, you use to be able to buy a new GTI, have mods installed, finace the whole package before driving it off the dealer lot. My son even got a loaner to drive while they perform work on his GTI. Screw them. GRD Tune is a good shop - just not as convenient for us to get to.

Chkine05tdi

Checking in from Pendleton IN. '17 GSW 4motion 6mt.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Top of the morning. Last week I completed upgrading my MK7 with APR’s Stage 1 tune and installed a dogbone insert. Overall plans is to modify my MK7 so it can outperform my son’s FBO MK6 KO4, and my E85 tuned aftercooled SC RSX-S. Should be a fun project.

https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro

Have you gone stage 2 yet? Owning both a mk6 fully built ko4 GTI and a built mk7 is38 GTI, I didn't realize how much more top end the mk7 GTI has...yes I know the is38 turbo is not the stock is20 turbo that comes in the mk7. However I do think the is20 and ko4 turbo are very similar. Looking forward to seeing how your build comes along. On my YouTube channel I have videos that you can use to compare the top end of the ko4 vs is38 turbos. With my ko4 it losses lots of steam around 140mph, compared to the is38 I truly believe I could have hit 170mph if my exit hadn't been nearing so quickly lol.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Southern Indiana here. New Albany , in.

Nice!

Quick update. Now setup with APR Stage II for almost 6k miles the only problem I have experienced is the lack of traction with the stock front tires. Tires almost worn down to the wear strips, hope to change them out in the next couple of weeks with some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. With 35k miles and a heavy right foot I guess I can’t complain.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, just got a 1.8T recently. Located in central indy. Tom Wood employee so I may be able to hook some of y'all up with part discounts ?

Planning to go APR Stage I not too long from now at GRP

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Installed Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires a month ago on my MK7. They improved the overall handling when compared to the stock tires, but unfortunately in 2nd gear they also fall short of being able to transfer all the power to the pavement. Wish I had the $$ to afford dedicated sets of summer and winter tires mounted on seperate wheels.

G7Rules

Ready to race!
Installed Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires a month ago on my MK7. They improved the overall handling when compared to the stock tires, but unfortunately in 2nd gear they also fall short of being able to transfer all the power to the pavement. Wish I had the $$ to afford dedicated sets of summer and winter tires mounted on seperate wheels.

I wanted to buy some dedicated winter tires, but I was afraid with the fluctuating Indiana weather that they would eventually just get ripped to shreds because of the high temperatures we occasionally see in the winter months. I think all season or all weather tires are the smart choice for Indiana weather unfortunately.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I wanted to buy some dedicated winter tires, but I was afraid with the fluctuating Indiana weather that they would eventually just get ripped to shreds because of the high temperatures we occasionally see in the winter months. I think all season or all weather tires are the smart choice for Indiana weather unfortunately.

You have a good point about the fluctuations in temperatures. I guess I'll have to stop being lazy and be more attentive in feathering the throttle more carefully. It's kind of fun to spin tires on demand, but spinning is not winning. Not a new problem for me - I have the same issue with my RSX-S ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu4JO-BC_ro). Darn fwd cars.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

Winter tires are no where near that sensitive if the temps are in the 50s or even 60s for a few weeks. The wife's car (08 Fusion) is on winter tires (General Altimax Arctics) from November through March/April and has been on the same set for the last 5 years and over 50k miles. Tread depth is only down to 8/32 from the 12/32 they started at 5 years ago!

I've been running the Nokian Hakkas R2 for 2 years so far November through March/April and I'm around 7-8/32 with some fairly aggressive driving.

Long story short, just buy proper summer and winter tires instead of no-seasons. Good ones are not that sensitive to the occasional temperature fluctuation.

GTIboii_IND

I need to change my brakes (rotors, pads, ss lines) but I want to buy my own parts. I've set my eyes on the StopTech slotted set with their SS lines and Sport pads. I've found them for around $760, does anyone know if that's a relatively good price?
My main question is, does anyone know a good trustworthy shop that will do the labor with my supplying the parts? Or at least a shop that will buy the exact parts I request at low or no upcharge?

Thanks

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
I need to change my brakes (rotors, pads, ss lines) but I want to buy my own parts. I've set my eyes on the StopTech slotted set with their SS lines and Sport pads. I've found them for around $760, does anyone know if that's a relatively good price?
My main question is, does anyone know a good trustworthy shop that will do the labor with my supplying the parts? Or at least a shop that will buy the exact parts I request at low or no upcharge?

Thanks

Yes. EP Werks in Noblesville.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Yes. EP Werks in Noblesville.
The problem with EP Werks is that they won't install anything supplied by a customer. They must order everything themselves and will not modify anything. Trying to find someone to install a TTRS clutch kit for me but haven't found a single place that will do the work.