GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hot Tamale 1.8T Golf

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
Hello all,

Just picked up my 1.8t golf in May of this year. came from a 20th jb so the mk7 touch is a very nice upgrade :)

here are some updates since i first got her :D

the first day i brought this sexy TR home :p

use protection!

kliimotorwerks TR insert, china black emblem :p, and debadge/led license plate lights checked off!

first time ever installing headlights by myself :eek:

decided to add some flavor to her legal name

and now what every 1.8t has been waiting for!!!.....................

full gti catback customized to fit the golf diffuser :)

my mark family :D

and a scenic picture :cool:

she still has a long way to go but i keep telling myself i have to hold off till 2017 to build some funds up again lol

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats on the 1.8T - they are an excellent platform for modding!

Curious.. So you modified a GTI catback to accommodate the golf diffuser? Why would you not just buy a GTI diffuser to accommodate the GTI catback?

Cheers

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Golfs need wheels doe

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Love the headlights. Always worried about straying from OEM on things like that. How do you like them so far.

Also, time for a tune. JB1 / APR (been great for me) / Unitronic (If you are planning is20/38)

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
looks great! pipes arent touching the valance are they? would worry about some melting...

Gotta do wheels soon!

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
Congrats on the 1.8T - they are an excellent platform for modding!

Curious.. So you modified a GTI catback to accommodate the golf diffuser? Why would you not just buy a GTI diffuser to accommodate the GTI catback?

Cheers

I wanted the 2.5" piping with a muffler delete so I essentially made my own awe exhaust but for half the price lol I didn't want to spend the extra $100 some dollars for the gti diffuser since I want to keep the golf look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
looks great! pipes arent touching the valance are they? would worry about some melting...

Gotta do wheels soon!

It looks like it would from the pics but it has plenty of space! Awe uses the same size tip size (3.5") so I just copied their design lol

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
Hello, I figured I'd update this build sheet as a lot has changed lol

Swapped to gti pedals

Uni 1+ for the win!

Finally blacked out the chrome trim

Teaser pic of the wheels...

Oem Wing extension

Oem front lip

And for the big change that I was not expecting to happen lol

Air ride [emoji851]

Also changed up the rear end to a gti diffuser and swapped out the exhaust for a 3" CW turboback

Steering wheel swapped to GTI wheel wrapped in suede. Pin alloy paddle extension

A highlight of the VMR 701s [emoji847]

There's more coming soon but this is a pretty good update so far lol thanks for reading!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Dude... that's what's up!

This looks awesome!

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
Wow! Quite a transformation. Where did you source the front lip? Is it new from a dealer?

I actually got it for free from a buddy of mine who got rid of his golf lol so I'm not 100% sure where it's from but it's supposed to be "like" the oem one. So it's either oem or replica. You can source it from the dealer for sure