GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nc gti where are you at?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Idk I'd give them a call. They're the best equipped shop I know of, and they do track/race alignments so I'm sure they can take care of whatever you need

EShadowbrook

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone recommend a mod shop for an alignment NC? My Mk7 GTI is on a stock suspension and my car only has 3k miles, but I'm unhappy with the alignment the VW dealer has tried to do.

Not sure where in NC you are, but these guys set up a lot of people's track cars in the area. I got my car car aligned here. They will corner balance too.

http://www.performance-chassis.com

MadMen

Ready to race!
At Michelin? Is it with SCR or CCR? That should be fun for sure!

Sorry I missed this....

Yes - it was at Michelin with the Carolinas Porsche Club. Great group to run AutoX with, since there's usually <50 cars total.

Next is SCCA at zMax on 9/23.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Test n tune tomorrow night (Friday 08 Sep, rain date rescheduled from last Friday) 5:00-11:00pm at Zmax Dragway. I'll be there since it's the last one of the year, come say hi if you make it out

MadMen

Ready to race!
Test n tune tomorrow night (Friday 08 Sep, rain date rescheduled from last Friday) 5:00-11:00pm at Zmax Dragway. I'll be there since it's the last one of the year, come say hi if you make it out

Tempting. I'll have to figure out how to convince the wife to let me go.... :cool:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Black Forest Industries seems to be a popular shop in Cary... Can anyone vouch for their work?

What do you need done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EShadowbrook

Passed Driver's Ed
10k maintenance, dogbone insert, downpipe install, and tune.

Their prices aren't any cheaper than going to the dealer. I've called for quotes, but never had work done. I'm sure they do a fine job.

A 10K maintenance is only an oil change and tire rotation. The dogbone takes 10 minutes to install, and a putting a downpipe in is super easy. Do you have access to jack stands? Doing these things yourself will save you hundreds of dollars.

BFI is an APR dealer so you could get the tune loaded there. Apex tuning in Apex,NC is a Unitronic dealer. I personally prefer Apex Tuning over BFI.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Their prices aren't any cheaper than going to the dealer. I've called for quotes, but never had work done. I'm sure they do a fine job.

A 10K maintenance is only an oil change and tire rotation. The dogbone takes 10 minutes to install, and a putting a downpipe in is super easy. Do you have access to jack stands? Doing these things yourself will save you hundreds of dollars.

BFI is an APR dealer so you could get the tune loaded there. Apex tuning in Apex,NC is a Unitronic dealer. I personally prefer Apex Tuning over BFI.

Honestly, don't have access to jack stands or the tools/skills to do it myself.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I could do everything but the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk