GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

+[snakcaz]+ VW MK7 2015 GTI - From Salvage to the Streets

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
8/21/17: did probably the most riskiest thing ever, and brought my unknown modded GTI to another VW service (my ACTUAL local one in the bay area) and had them check out some drive issues I had posted around the forum.

Long story short: found out today that the car does indeed have a tune: the question is: what tuned it? (VW service told me, as long as i bring it in, in stock tune, they'll be able to cover my warranty)

Also got the green light that they ran diagnostics, and the car should be good to drive safely!

The previous owner definitely did some coding, it's going to take time on what was changed.

Also got one of the seat warmer light switch's ordered, so it will be replaced in the near future, but it's small stuff.

Will be getting the stock springs back on via Werkshop* in South SF! Excited to check this legendary place out.

Tunes are proprietary info so I doubt there is any way to find out. And now your car is flagged by VW for sure..

snakcaz

Ready to race!
Tunes are proprietary info so I doubt there is any way to find out. And now your car is flagged by VW for sure..

Well, the guy who helped me out is a modder himself. Talked about his 650hp supra at home with a historic title, so not street legal.

He understands the MK7 GTI is a heavily popular modded platform, so he said he did not put my VIN in the system as voided. As long as i bring the suspension to stock, and the ECU to stock (034 Motorsports offered to do it) then warranty is back on for me [emoji5]

But i think I'll keep the tune for now. I'm just trying to figure out what tuning company did it

Last edited:

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/22/17: I WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT WHO TUNED THE VEHICLE! HOLY SH*T! I contacted APR, Unitronics, 034 Motorsports, AWE, and NO dice.

Finally, my last shot, GIAC (http://www.giacusa.com/), sent me back with the best email:

Now to figure out the specs and details of the tune!

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
8/22/17: I WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT WHO TUNED THE VEHICLE! HOLY SH*T! I contacted APR, Unitronics, 034 Motorsports, AWE, and NO dice.

Finally, my last shot, GIAC (http://www.giacusa.com/), sent me back with the best email:

Now to figure out the specs and details of the tune!

GIAC is a very good one, keep it!

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/23/18: I honestly don't think I can handle this:

The previous owner initially had GIAC tuning.

But then I get a response back from Unitronic this morning stating that my car was ALSO FLASHED with their Stage 2 tune beginning of this year!

This is crazy. In an pretty sweet way

Last edited:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Sh*t man this is getting better and better...

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/29/17: There's been a decent amount going on. Both good and bad.

Update:
Apparently, GIAC never tuned my car. Turns out the associate made a mistake in the VIN check or something. So that means I currently have a Stage 2 Unitronic then!

I also put back the stock springs. They still look lower, but at least are more comfortable.

I also wake up to this:

Car was parked on the side. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Geez bro that's horrible. People have no respect or accountability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snakcaz

Ready to race!
9/3/17: Decided to pretty much put the whole tune and exhaust back to stock. Just to wipe the board clean, and also allow VW to service my car(my local vw dealers are friendly with previously tuned vehicles, as long as they come in stock). Will call up 034 Motorsports as they are located nearby to me!

I was also able to buff out some of the scuffs from my previous post, but there's still some small scratches at the crease that I couldn't get. Luckily the guy who hit me didn't go super hard. Just glad I was able to restore 90% of it!

Before:

After:

Also was able to bump out the front bumper grille area! (look at previous pictures, and you'll notice the mesh grille is now aligned with the front)

Last edited: