GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lighting Fault

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Since owning my car I have had two bulbs fail on me (well, one blown headlight bulb and a brake light bulb that had only fell out of its socket) and each time the Vehicle Status has highlighted exactly which bulb was at fault.
The problem I have at the moment is a "Vehicle Lighting Fault" that does not state which bulb. I have checked every bulb inside and out and they are all OK. The warning chimes up as soon as the ignition is turned on.
Any thoughts before I call my VW Dealer?

Attachments

• IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    508.7 KB · Views: 4,843
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 4,746

element515

Ready to race!
That's strange. I had a turn signal glitch out once and it told me it was the turn signal on the driver's side. I'd just take it in to the dealer and see what's wrong.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Booked in at Dealer 3rd July.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
I know this sounds wierd, but did you check your battery? I had two French cars in the past, and blowing bulbs and random electric glitches occurred when their batteries were at their last. Go to a garage and check the health of the battery, I'm quite sure it's the root of the problem.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Could be right about the battery Geomets, possibly not supplying enough wattage to the lighting circuit which is on all the time due to DRL's.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

rygreen93

Please can someone comment and let us know if this has been fixed. I'm having this issue now. Have checked every single bulb

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Check your car battery, and also get OBD11 so you can read the specific code.

It's a $50 powerful scan tool, idk why not every MK7 owner has one.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Have you done any mods to lighting? I have done several inclideing euro switch w/piggyback auto sensor, as well as front and rear fogs. Sometimes, when I turn the fogs off I get this message.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had this error on my car. Bought it used and didn't realize the previous owner installed a light switch with the Auto setting, which my car doesn't support. Any time I turned the switch past the Auto setting, it would throw the exact same code.

isotonic_uk

Hi All

I am now getting this on my car, checked all internal and external lights and all seems to be fine, the only light that isnt working is the rear left fog light, but I have read elsewhere that EU cars only have the one rear fog light coming on?

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? When I look closely at the bulb assembly it seems there is a bulb there but for some reason when I took off the rear cover I couldnt seem to access it.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3TETItg5i24P4JNxmj6Ieo&ust=1549357759511203

Thanks

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi All

I am now getting this on my car, checked all internal and external lights and all seems to be fine, the only light that isnt working is the rear left fog light, but I have read elsewhere that EU cars only have the one rear fog light coming on?

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? When I look closely at the bulb assembly it seems there is a bulb there but for some reason when I took off the rear cover I couldnt seem to access it.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3TETItg5i24P4JNxmj6Ieo&ust=1549357759511203

Thanks

Yes, there's only one fog as per the MOT.

isotonic_uk

Just to add to this, I have just found out that i have a leak in my boot and water has collected in my spare wheel well. Could this have affected the lighting system and that is why I am getting the fault -vehicle lighting error now?

I did purchase an OBD2 device and tried to use one of many apps on Google play store but was unable to clear. If anyone has any ideas how I could do this it would be appreciated.

Thanks