GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 Golf GTI SEL

msafar95

That could make sense. My iPhone is not Dubai specs as it has face time.

Anyone know when I should take the car for it's first service? The dealer said 15,000 KM or a number of months but I can't remember what he said.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
That could make sense. My iPhone is not Dubai specs as it has face time.

Anyone know when I should take the car for it's first service? The dealer said 15,000 KM or a number of months but I can't remember what he said.

15k or 1 year whichever comes first. Lead time for an appointment is around 3 weeks though, so keep that in mind when making a booking. I usually book when I have 1000-1500kms remaining

None of that 1000 kms and then 5000 kms japanese nonsense here :D

Enjoy till 15, and top up if needed which is likely around 7-8k

Last edited:

msafar95

15k or 1 year whichever comes first. Lead time for an appointment is around 3 weeks though, so keep that in mind when making a booking. I usually book when I have 1000-1500kms remaining

None of that 1000 kms and then 5000 kms japanese nonsense here :D

Enjoy till 15, and top up if needed which is likely around 7-8k

Good to know!

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Damn DCC is standard and you got app connect working!!!!! WTF!!!!! Good for you, but pisses me off :p

Honestly i see this as signs of the MK8 or a facelift coming up, wouldnt be surprised if leather comes standard next.

NiranjGTI

Hey guys!

Can anyone confirm if CarPlay works with a UAE spec iPhone? I'm looking to buy the new iPhone and would like to know if I should go for the US specs instead.

Dropped into the showroom yesterday to try it out but they didn't have any 2016 on display [emoji53]

Asked my sales rep, she said it works either case, but just wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hey guys!

Can anyone confirm if CarPlay works with a UAE spec iPhone? I'm looking to buy the new iPhone and would like to know if I should go for the US specs instead.

Dropped into the showroom yesterday to try it out but they didn't have any 2016 on display [emoji53]

Asked my sales rep, she said it works either case, but just wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think the type of phone model matters.

It's the software from VW that will make carplay work. Currently, no ME cars have the software support, at least thats what it looks like.

For some its working, and for some it isn't...so its just a matter of luck I guess. There was a post earlier in this thread where one user said it works fine except for apple maps. And, there was another, also with the US spec who couldnt get it to work. SO who knows...

NiranjGTI

Late to respond. But update from my salesperson is that CarPlay is working here. But it should be connected to the USB port in the glove box and not the front port. I'm yet to try this, hopefully I will take delivery of the car next week and I will be able to check myself.
Either case I pulled the trigger on a Dubai spec iPhone a month ago. So fingers crossed.

Huzman

Am connected to the USB port under the arm rest from Day One.. No joy on Carplay. Also have tried it with a US spec Iphone 5s and Android Auto as well.. Naboodah sales guys are stupid.

NiranjGTI

Yeah they aren't trained so well. But I did hear that they screwed up some shipment with the wrong software or something. Sometime in early October.

For me only time will tell, waiting patiently for my delivery. Shipment arrives tomorrow Nov 10th it seems, then PDI blah blah.

The thing is GTIs and Rs are selling like crazy, they are least bothered to hear you out because there is always a person to take the arriving shipments.

Huzman

I got my R in mid Sept with the MIB 2.. The sales mgr told me the carplay is not yet released for this region.. Im not to sure why that would be.. PDI means another two weeks gone

NiranjGTI

CarPlay has indeed been released and the sales people had a training on how to use it in October.
Oh crap another 2 weeks. Holding on [emoji2]

Huzman

Well then this being Naboodah please dont be to surprised if there is a 500 dhs charge on providing the activation code for CarPlay..