GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW671 prototype license plate mount for MK7.5 Golf R

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
VW671 came through with this perfect fit license plate bracket for the my 2018 MK7.5 Golf R. After 2 fitment tests he was able to bust out this prototype. Fits perfect and took about 2 minutes to install. Way better idea than to drill into your bumper or use a tow hook mount.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
I think he is taking orders now, clamp on and yea there is soft felt on the surface and he also supplies vinyl stickers if you want to apply that to your bumper

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
^ Yep, he is. Instructions on how to get one are in his latest IG post. And there's already a waiting list :D

todd92

Passed Driver's Ed
Why is it 'way better' than a tow hook mount? I'm very happy with mine, which is way better than blocking any part of the air intake.

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
Why is it 'way better' than a tow hook mount? I'm very happy with mine, which is way better than blocking any part of the air intake.

Some mention that the tow hook mounts set off the parking sensors if not adjusted perfectly, and some do not hold the adjustments after driving for a bit. This moves the plate away from the parking sensors.

bludevilx

Also the MK7.5 front parking sensors are placed different from the MK7 so more difficult to use the tow hook mounted options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
VW671 came through with this perfect fit license plate bracket for the my 2018 MK7.5 Golf R. After 2 fitment tests he was able to bust out this prototype. Fits perfect and took about 2 minutes to install. Way better idea than to drill into your bumper or use a tow hook mount.

Can we see a picture from the front with a plate mounted?

civicdrivr

Ready to race!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

What's wrong with tow hook mounts?