GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0 Engine Problems

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
There are 2 types of people in this world: those who like cilantro and those who don’t!

It is my food kryptonite.

There are also people who make “there are 2 types of people” statements ...and those who don’t. ??

If you use cilantro you void your warranty though.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
If you use cilantro you void your warranty though.

But if it gets stuck in your teeth, they may not pay attention to your carbon fiber intake...so there's that. lolz

mikkelz_za

Ready to race!
INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 (15 oz) can Libby’s Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Libby’s Organic Sweet Corn, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
10 burrito-sized flour tortillas
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, for serving

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place a few spoonfuls of cilantro lime quinoa in the center of a tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then add the shredded cheese, and bean/corn mixture down the center of the quinoa. Roll burritos, by folding over the ends and rolling up. Continue making the rest of the burritos.
Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Arrange burritos, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip.
Note: You don’t want to fill the burritos too full or they will be hard to roll up. You can also use Cilantro Lime Rice, instead of the quinoa.

Damn, now I'm hungry! :D

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
So MK7 chain tensioners and water pumps are superior to 2014's? If anyone has that documentation I'd love to see it.

Yes, the EA888 Gen 3 got a redesigned chain tensioner. For the older engines they also updated the tensioner to help prevent issues.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
I always appreciate a link-back =D

My 2 liter in my 15 c300 was a time bomb... It had piston slap at under 10k (replacement conn rods/pistons installed, stil have the svc paperwork), and had its fuel pump (and gas tank, since the pump is IN the tank for that generation) replaced; As well as after all that, having the seals all redone.

I went with the V6 turbo instead of the 4I turbo diesel for my e class due to the carbon buildup issue too.

im faithful my VW will not be that unreliable. In fairness, that was the first year of that C300s new engine. Same with VWS 15/16, they had some teething issues. Doesnt mean more things wont surface down the line of course. Just like that camshaft recall posted here for 15/16s, thats new info as far im aware.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

jmal2005

Ready to race!
Any time! :D

Forgot to say, this is black bean and quinoa burritos. I add salsa to the quinoa.

Diggs isn't the hero we deserve. But the hero we need.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
So MK7 chain tensioners and water pumps are superior to 2014's? If anyone has that documentation I'd love to see it.

You all know how vehicle manufacturers are, it can take years for problems to become apparent to enough owners to complain, and even longer for them to do anything about it. But, hey, no problem, if you want to drive with your heads in the sand (Millennials will probably need to look up the term) that's your business.

Yes, they are. The reason we know this is because water pumps are not a CONSTANT issue being complained about on the forums. I got my 2012 MK6 GTI in 2013, at which point that generation of GTI had been out for the same amount of time that the MK7's have been out at this time, and there was already a thread a hundred pages long tracking water pump failures.

Same thing with these engines jumping teeth due to the timing chain tensioner failing. It's a simple comparison. If it was similarly poorly designed, then it'd come up as a "common" issue on the Gen 3's. It's not though, so VW must have applied some lessons learned from the Gen 2's in designing the Gen 3's. Isn't that the whole point of new generations of engines? Learning from the previous go, and improving?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
There are 2 types of people in this world: those who like cilantro and those who don’t!

It is my food kryptonite.

There are also people who make “there are 2 types of people” statements ...and those who don’t. ??

I thought it was:

There's 3 types of people.

Those who can do math

And those who can't