GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
What psi is everyone finding works best w street tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 25psi on my Michelin PSS for my best time. Only 2.39 60ft. But it hooked up in 2nd gear. No tune.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Ran 20psi on the hankooks cutting 2.1s and going 12.9-13.0@108-112.

I think it would have done better closer to 25 psi

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
These are the best I’ve been able to cut w the pss @ 30. Should be much quicker with those trap speeds [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
damn i need to try airing down then. are you using boost by gear?

Just whatever was programmed in by Unitronic (was Uni S2 at the time).

I know they limit TQ in the lower gears but no idea how much.

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if you bought the car used? looks like a Stage 1 pass.

I did buy it used. That was my thought as well. But I checked and it passes all the tests I read to do. If you hold the brake and the gas, the revs don't go up much, and I think it won't rev up past like 4k RPM I you rev it at a standstill. Also brought it in to the dealer twice, once for warranty work (faulty shifter) and they never said anything.

If you have other suggestions on how to double check for a tune, let me know. I am planning on hitting the dyno next. But I think it's just because it's one of the lighter GTIs you can get, 2 door, no sunroof. I also think most guys go straight to a tune and don't spend much time at the drag strip stock.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I did buy it used. That was my thought as well. But I checked and it passes all the tests I read to do. If you hold the brake and the gas, the revs don't go up much, and I think it won't rev up past like 4k RPM I you rev it at a standstill. Also brought it in to the dealer twice, once for warranty work (faulty shifter) and they never said anything.

If you have other suggestions on how to double check for a tune, let me know. I am planning on hitting the dyno next. But I think it's just because it's one of the lighter GTIs you can get, 2 door, no sunroof. I also think most guys go straight to a tune and don't spend much time at the drag strip stock.

What does the built in boost gauge go up to? Pretty sure if tuned it would read boost accurately still. Stock I've seen tap out at 21psi on really hot days on stock cars. On the gauge it would be 21+~15=36. If it reads up close to 40 or over at any point it is tuned.

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
What does the built in boost gauge go up to? Pretty sure if tuned it would read boost accurately still. Stock I've seen tap out at 21psi on really hot days on stock cars. On the gauge it would be 21+~15=36. If it reads up close to 40 or over at any point it is tuned.

Mine doesn't seem to have that performance screen available. I remembering looking for it when I first got the car.

Oh, and I love your profile pic. Cracks me up.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Tell me what to check. Any other tell-tale signs of a tune?
Can't wait to dyno.

Also, it was nice and cold out when I did that run...

I guess you could send your VIN to all the major tuners and ask. I think all of them remove the speed governor too but don't quote me on that (and don't go out and try to kill yourself.) $ wise, you could get a boost gauge.

If you are thinking of tuning you should ask around as if it is already done then you won't be wasting money.