GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Led retrofit mirror puddle light, need wiring guide

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Real short and simple I've been searching to find which pin in my current non-folding non-puddle light mirrors I could tap so that these LEDs I have will light up exactly like OEM folding mirrors with all the bells and whistles. I know the connector but I can't seem to find any wiring guide

I don't wanna use hokey workarounds like tapping the dome light and possibly having the lights on while driving.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
Assuming you've cut out holes for the LEDs, there's 2x pins on the mirror wiring harness connecting to the door control module. Unfortunately I'm not finding the pin diagram for power mirrors. They're likely not posted because people upgrading to put folding mirrors receive the harness pre-wired with the wires and lights. If nothing else, I'll take a few photos when i can tear it apart again.

I believe you'll also need to use VCDS to enable puddle lights

Last edited:

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
See if these help, I'm thinking it is the W52 lamp on the first picture.

Attachments

• Drivers door P1.jpg
    Drivers door P1.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 8,696
  • Drivers door P2.jpg
    Drivers door P2.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 3,707

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I can play around with it, but this is great. Just need to tap ground and pin 13 hopefully. Im going with LEDs under the car actually

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool! Let us know how it goes!! I forgot to note that puddle light activation (mirror puddle lights, not door puddle lights) is byte 1, bit 0 only on the VCDS screenshot provided. You shouldn't have to modify any of the other settings than "Door Entry Lights Installed".

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Guess this isn't quite matching up. I'm pretty sure this is the right connector

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I'm not sure that I have my car coded correctly to test it. I have coming home activated but I don't have the light sensor/humidity/rain sensor. I have gotten it to work by tapping the high beams before pulling the key out of ignition.

I ran out of sunlight and just tapped the LEDs to the warning lights I put in.

Not sure how I feel about the red. But these white LEDs I got were super dim on 18v drill battery, only would be worse on 14v

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Probably wouldn't be able to make out the white outline of "GTI" if the bulb were white. And red is a GTI "trade mark".

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Where did you get the GTI logo projector?

Is it plug and play?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Is it plug and play?

I would like to know as well. It's pretty neat. My girlfriends dad has his favorite football teams logo on his but its a hokey little battery powered stick on thing. Im hoping this is not that

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti

Is it plug and play?
No sir. Straight from AliExpress. It came with pin connectors but posi-taps would have made this cheesecake. Just search for the retrofit warning lights thread

spiderman07

any update regarding this? found the right pin? on golf 6 is pin 10 in that connector. i just got the lights and want to do the retrofit.

Edit: found myself the answer to this. if you have non-folding non-puddle light mirrors, you will have the bone stock door module with 6 pin(this code: 5G4959393). Mirror plug has only 6 pins on the module part itself and all 6 are connected to 6 wires on the plug that goes to the mirrors. So for this to work you need the new module which supports all functions. Is not much but for adding just 2 lights it gets quite expensive. And yes you need 1 for driver side and 1 for passenger side.

Last edited: