GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's up with all the coin slots???

golface

Ready to race!
Yeah pen slot would be good, and my outlet plug is actually a lighter, pretty old school but still a good spot for a dual usb port.

I also thought the larger slot could fit coins but I tried one and it just fell inside, still there I think even though I can fit business cards and not even feel like I touch it...

desol8tor

Where's Clarkson when you need him...

In jail. Lol just kidding, I really want him back.

The single coin holders are kind of stupid in my opinion...rarely is one coin going to do it. I do like the credit card sized slot which is good for parking tickets before leaving the lot.

Hockey

Ready to race!
I haven't seen a coin in years. We are in the digital age. VW seems to be a little out of touch with technology compared to other manufacturers. The new Chevy Silverados have wireless charges, no coin slots...

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I got one of these which makes a handy upper tray for the centre armrest - fits well reasonable quality - seems a little overpriced but where else will you get one ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Secondary-Storage-Armrest-Box-Car-Glove-Box-for-Volkswagen-VW-Golf-MK7-/191265734577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3AGolf|Plat_Gen%3AMK+VII&hash=item2c88537fb1

WHAT THE HELL? I bought one of those myself about a year ago and it didn't fit my USA 2016 GTI!! Did you find one that actually fits??

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
WHAT THE HELL? I bought one of those myself about a year ago and it didn't fit my USA 2016 GTI!! Did you find one that actually fits??

I think the US armrest cubbies are an entirely different shape. I made the mistake of ordering one of the Aliexpress inserts, and the dimensions are completely off. At least it was only $7 shipped, so no big loss.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I haven't seen a coin in years. We are in the digital age. VW seems to be a little out of touch with technology compared to other manufacturers. The new Chevy Silverados have wireless charges, no coin slots...

Very true, plus the Silverados have a dip holder lol.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I've managed to spill coffee in those coin slots. I can see it in there...I just can't get there. Any advice on how to clean?

Take a nail file and an alcohol wipe. Put the wipe over the slot, press in with file and move back and forth, then remove file and wipe. That's all I got.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
My personal theory is since the golf is really designed for the European market first, the coin slots can be useful since Euro coins actually come in meaningful denominations. Still remember, the mk7 debuted back in the '13 model year. This was before everyone had wireless charging, and giant phones for that matter. I'm certain this will be rectified in the mk8.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wildstar87

Passed Driver's Ed
The SD card slots are almost useless, they are sloped down, so if your SD card isn't thick enough, they just fall out. I thought maybe you could flip the holder, but it's all molded in. Seems rather silly.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
The SD card slots are almost useless, they are sloped down, so if your SD card isn't thick enough, they just fall out. I thought maybe you could flip the holder, but it's all molded in. Seems rather silly.

The cluster of slots on the left side of the glovebox are molded in, but the SD slot and toll card slots on the right are part of a snap-in insert. I made a 3D printed replacement to hold my OBDeleven dongle.

The first prototype didn't fit perfectly, so I'm waiting to receive version 2.0. Once the fit is perfect I'll offer to do a group buy on a bunch.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
The cluster of slots on the left side of the glovebox are molded in, but the SD slot and toll card slots on the right are part of a snap-in insert. I made a 3D printed replacement to hold my OBDeleven dongle.

The first prototype didn't fit perfectly, so I'm waiting to receive version 2.0. Once the fit is perfect I'll offer to do a group buy on a bunch.

After 3 prototypes, I reached the final product:

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!