GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight adjustment

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Was involved in a minor crash, had to replace my eds replica r headlights with new headlights. DIY. Took it to the mechanic today and he told me that he couldn't align them properly, they wouldn't go high enough and they wouldn't pass MOT. He suggested it was the headlights fault, they def aren't as good quality as eds replicas, so i was going to put in the original halogens but is it possible to have the lights sit up higher? Surely if i can just raise them a little then they should be fine?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
you could using some washer's where the front of the headlight bolts to the radiator support. That would raise the headlight slightly. But, you will only be able to raise it as high as your hood allows.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
you could using some washer's where the front of the headlight bolts to the radiator support. That would raise the headlight slightly. But, you will only be able to raise it as high as your hood allows.
Yea that's what i'm thinking, have wondered if it's to do with the way i installed them but really don't know how it could be done wrong

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
He did say the passenger side was close to where it needed to be and the drivers was not, so ill see if there's anymore give without washers first. The driver side fender has bent in slightly so that obviously plays a part and the light was difficult to install, i may have to try and hammer the fender out a bit, i plan on replacing it anyway, just need to get it through MOT so i can drive again!