GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Installed ATE Circle slotted rotors and EBC Redstuff pads. I'm super happy with the decision.

"infinite loop" is what ATE calls their discs....I have them & fitted their plain pads...

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Removed my DV spacer from Ramon ^ and my 034 Res-X and installed the OEM bits as normal. This was at the request of the dealership so they could continue diagnosing my interior noises. Low and behold, like I told them, the noises and other issues are still present. So I contacted the dealership and VWoA (to update my issues with my reference number from my last visit).

I wish my car didn't have all these terrible noises. I guess it was a siesta build at Pueblo. I bought the car because it was a one year only unicorn for the USA, and if they can't fix the issues and have to do a buy back I will be devastated. I don't want a MK7.5. I want my MK7 Sport. Fuck.

There is some plastic trim you can touch or knock on that causes some crazy rattles and noises. It's pretty ridiculous. Sounds like a 14 year old Asian vehicle instead of a 1 year old German vehicle.... or my 20 year old German vehicle that was modded to be a rattle box and super noisy.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I just looked at the tire rack catalog I got, looks like sparco now makes their brand of this design. Sparco podio

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Got my 7.5 rep lights installed

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Would these work with the lighting package?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Drove it in the snow for the first time in two years =(. Here's some pictures of me and parking lot buddies from the past few weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for the correction!

Whats your experience with them? any benefits?

I recommend them more than most others....I have tried most grooved discs in the past...

Only reason I have grooved is because of grit/stones on the road...you need a cleaning/clearing groove...otherwise stones get in the pads...

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Silly is always the answer[emoji16][emoji106]

Sent via pipernet

+1 might as well have fun.

Are we getting PUNKED ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have another MK7, I picked up a 2017 Golf Sportwagen 4 Motion, DSG with 9700 miles on it for 19.5k out the door.

My 2005 TDI finally started to show its age at 174k miles, I needed a new daily because the TDI was not going to make it through the summer.

Honestly no idea what I'm doing right now, I have a bagged Subaru in my garage, I did get an offer for it but airing out on people is still too much fun.