GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Several Things Not Working Following Tune, Any Ideas?

71camaro

Just got APR Plus for my '18. However, after the tune was installed, my blind spot monitoring will not activate, and the auto-stop does not work, even in Eco mode. Anyone experienced this? Both worked en route to the tuner, so have to believe they're related to that.

Thanks in advance.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
You have to turn them back on in the settings.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Just got APR Plus for my '18. However, after the tune was installed, my blind spot monitoring will not activate, and the auto-stop does not work, even in Eco mode. Anyone experienced this? Both worked en route to the tuner, so have to believe they're related to that.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like something went wrong during the flash, I'd have the dealer reflash and you should be all good

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
"Function not available."

Gotchya, thought you just meant it was off after the flash, as that is common only needing to be re-check marked in the settings page. I’d have to agree that something went screwy during the flash. Probably just need it flashed again, kinda sucks but hopefully that’s all it is.

71camaro

Gotchya, thought you just meant it was off after the flash, as that is common only needing to be re-check marked in the settings page. I’d have to agree that something went screwy during the flash. Probably just need it flashed again, kinda sucks but hopefully that’s all it is.

Damn. I'm like 2 hours away each way. Oh well.

Car pulls like a freight train, though, so there's that

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Damn. I'm like 2 hours away each way. Oh well.

Car pulls like a freight train, though, so there's that

Nice, well at least the drive will be enjoyable lol

Post back what it was when it’s figured out and a lesson for us all, double check all that stuff before ya get all the way home especially if your tuners that far away!

71camaro

Nice, well at least the drive will be enjoyable lol

Post back what it was when it’s figured out and a lesson for us all, double check all that stuff before ya get all the way home especially if your tuners that far away!

Just didn't think the mirrors would be impacted. Didn't really notice until back on the interstate. Oh well

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Just didn't think the mirrors would be impacted. Didn't really notice until back on the interstate. Oh well

Oh I wasn’t trying to be a jerk about it, I’ve done the same, I’m lucky in that my tuner is 15 min away, still it pissed me off that I had to go back lol. Since then I check everything after anything before I leave, the whole once bitten... lol

Figured your thread may help it from happening to someone else in the future after reading this. :)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

Had my battery go below 13.2 volts plenty times when I used to flash my MK6 R with Eurodyne revisions.. Funny how a small discharge during the flash makes the car go goofy but at least you know it's nothing serious

G7Rules

Ready to race!
Have you turned the car off and back on since? Sometimes unhooking the battery can cause the sensors to malfunction until restart

71camaro

Have you turned the car off and back on since? Sometimes unhooking the battery can cause the sensors to malfunction until restart

Multiple times. Haven't pulled battery. May try that tomorrow when I've got some light. Need to install a boost gauge and some other items anyway.

Hope I didn't come across as complaining, just want everything to work

cb1111

Multiple times. Haven't pulled battery. May try that tomorrow when I've got some light. Need to install a boost gauge and some other items anyway.

Hope I didn't come across as complaining, just want everything to work
Don't install anything until you get this sorted.

Adding anything else may just make the diagnosis far harder and will cause finger pointing.

71camaro

Went through and checked my coding on VCDS, all of it was identical to that in a DIY on the Ross-Tech forum.

Took the battery off for an hour, put it back on, and the BSM was working again. Got home, shut car off, and restarted, and the error came back after one error-free and tested drive.