GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 black front badge emblem

MattMk7_R

The emblem on my 2017 R is flat faced compared to the earlier models. I've been looking high and low for one, which is starting to make me wonder if there are any around. Does anyone know where I can get one from?

chid

Ready to race!
I was looking also, but it has the radar sensor integrated, I don't know how to make it black and if this affects the performance.

MattMk7_R

I was looking also, but it has the radar sensor integrated, I don't know how to make it black and if this affects the performance.

I had no idea there was a sensor behind it! lol. I took it off yesterday as I tried experimenting by taking the back piece off to glue on to the earlier models emblem BUT the emblem was just a fraction to small and it showed a gap around the outer lip when I fitted it back on. I can honestly say with regards to your performance it didn't feel It lost any performance

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
You could try taking it apart and tinting it, but that's where the ACC/emergency stop/radar sensor is so i'd be careful. It's an expensive fix if you damage something.

MattMk7_R

You could try taking it apart and tinting it, but that's where the ACC/emergency stop/radar sensor is so i'd be careful. It's an expensive fix if you damage something.

Cheers for the heads up there mate, I might just leave it I don't fancy potentially doing more damage than good

plac

GTI Master
subscribed.

some guys have tinted the front mount as the only way to get it nice and dark. no idea if it affected the radar.

Last edited:

Extreme VW

[/url]33184026_10156578103454474_4193338083329966080_n by derek granison, on Flickr[/IMG]

SVTunit

Ready to race!
I can confirm it does not affect the sensor. I took mine apart, sanded and painted the over the logo in black and then put a new white VW vinyl logo on. :)

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I have been looking all over for an emblem to replace the front on my 2018 golf R. It’s crazy not a lot of people have talked about it. And there’s really nothing on the market to do a full replacement. Are vinyls the only way to go for the front? The rear trunk badge I believe is the same as the previous years where it’s able to be removed and replaced