GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 GTi vs Audi RS5/5.0 Mustang Convert

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

More races to add to the list, I was driving back home from work and I encounter 2 young kids in an Audi RS5, the V8 450hp version for those that don't know. Beautiful white Audi that sounded wicked!

First race, he took off first and I played chase and caught up to him from a roll. The 2nd race I honked it off and I pulled him by about 1 car and half. He let off as I was pulling away. I did not expect that outcome.......

Now for the 5.0 Mustang it was a 2012/2013 model and it was a convertible with an exhaust on it from what I could hear. An automatic trans, we were on the access road and he got on it and then I did, it was a very short pull due to traffic but I was pulling away from the get go.

I need to take it easy, so far I haven't gotten any speeding tickets but it's just so easy to get up to speed in these little cars. Love my Gti! LOL

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Plus power to weight ratio. Those V8's are heavy compared to our GTI's. Their curb weight is 4,009 to 4,420 lbs.

They trap 112 stock.

Not saying the OP is full of crap because there are a million factors on the street, but a stage 1 GTI should certainly have its hands full.

As far as I know they're faster stock than any stage 1 GTI has run.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
2013 rs5 per C&D vbox 12.8 @ 111 mph and 4040 curb. Audi had a passenger too. What is so unbelievable?

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
2013 rs5 per C&D vbox 12.8 @ 111 mph and 4040 curb. Audi had a passenger too. What is so unbelievable?

In all fairness, I got the hit because he didn't go on the "third honk" like he was supposed too, but once he hit I was still pulling away. He had a pax and I didn't, so there's a lot of factors.

I thought it would've been closer but it was not. LOL

Trainingwheels

Passed Driver's Ed
Impressive

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Anything is possible on the internet.
Lol!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
In all fairness, I got the hit because he didn't go on the "third honk" like he was supposed too, but once he hit I was still pulling away. He had a pax and I didn't, so there's a lot of factors.

I thought it would've been closer but it was not. LOL

From a dig he would of murdered you up to 70-80 mph. An APR ho stage 1 is probably one of the hottest stage 1’s out there. Up top that rs5 is pushing weight and awd powertrain loss (unless it shuts off power to front). People under estimate these cars (GTI) from a roll. Nice kill nonetheless! :).