GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTD owner from Northern Ireland

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
So many white golf here in NI, especially where i am, in my area it was just me with the white golf since 2014, now 2 direct neighbours have 1 in white 1 for about 6 months, the other for about a month, exiting my area 2 other people have 1 in white, just outside work which is 3 mins from my house, someone else has a white one and at work someone else just got 1 in white... that's now 7 white mk7s in 1 small area and still used car dealers here advertise the white as 'rare' [emoji23]
Fortunately i have made quite a few major changes which i don't think they will do so it still stands alone against theres but it is still kind of annoying.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
No don't have satin mirrors on might look into some Golf R ones in the future as the silver looks good against the white. Loving the wheels the gunmetal looks good against the white. My friend Chris owns a powder coating place and sent me a pic of the colour am getting my wheels done, its called Audi Grey here is a pic of it on some rims he did recently.

From the angle of the photo they looked satin which i was thinking was a good look, if you getting them eBay do genuine ones for better price than the dealer, or go on Facebook and an R owner might do a swap with you, and there's plenty of wrecks about now lol.
Colour looks nice, i prefer matte to gloss, just didn't want to go gloss on gloss but that's just a personal preference.
With this weather it might be a while before you get them sorted?

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK8 GTI
From the angle of the photo they looked satin which i was thinking was a good look, if you getting them eBay do genuine ones for better price than the dealer, or go on Facebook and an R owner might do a swap with you, and there's plenty of wrecks about now lol.
Colour looks nice, i prefer matte to gloss, just didn't want to go gloss on gloss but that's just a personal preference.
With this weather it might be a while before you get them sorted?

Yea when I change the wing mirrors it will be for geninue Golf R mirror covers as I don’t want copies. I must admit I prefer the gloss look on the rims and the colour is a perfect shade of grey for me, not to dark but not to light, it should show of the detail of the gtd wheels as I feel the black hides a lot of the detail. And your right I see lots of white GTDs but my neighbor owns a red GTD, are street is coming down with VWs ��

Getting the wheels done in the beginning of April after all this winter weather

Donscarlet

New Gtd on the way.

Having no problems with my 2.0 Tdi Se DSG for the last three and a half years.
I decided to buy another VW this time GTD DSG in Tungsten Silver, collecting the car next Thursday, hope I have a similar experience with the new car.

PaulJoseph22

Ready to race!
Finally got my Gloss Black Rieger splitter, installation was quite simple. Such a nice subtle mod that looks as if it was part of the car when it left the factory. Also installed a Pipercross filter so i dont need to change the filter again lol.

Next will be the wheels getting them powdercoated gunmteal grey at the beginning of April as not a fan of the diamond cut look.

Here are a few pics of the splitter installed:

Looks really great.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Yea when I change the wing mirrors it will be for geninue Golf R mirror covers as I don’t want copies. I must admit I prefer the gloss look on the rims and the colour is a perfect shade of grey for me, not to dark but not to light, it should show of the detail of the gtd wheels as I feel the black hides a lot of the detail. And your right I see lots of white GTDs but my neighbor owns a red GTD, are street is coming down with VWs

Getting the wheels done in the beginning of April after all this winter weather
Same, my idea was not too dark so you can actually see the rim and not too light that you have to constantly clean them. And with mine being matte it's harder to tell when they are unclean too which has been ideal in the weather we're having lol

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK8 GTI
Same, my idea was not too dark so you can actually see the rim and not too light that you have to constantly clean them. And with mine being matte it's harder to tell when they are unclean too which has been ideal in the weather we're having lol

Yea i found that black hides the rim to much also i have had rims done before on my old FN2 Civic type r and the gloss looked amazing against the gloss red paint they were powder coated. Here is a pic of the old wagon, loved that car. From the pic of your car the rims dont look that matt more like a semi gloss. My Black editon A3 had matt rims

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Yea i found that black hides the rim to much also i have had rims done before on my old FN2 Civic type r and the gloss looked amazing against the gloss red paint they were powder coated. Here is a pic of the old wagon, loved that car. From the pic of your car the rims dont look that matt more like a semi gloss. My Black editon A3 had matt rims

Haha good point, they are more like a semi-gloss lol. Those were nice!

Cossieian

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, loving the cars, recognise 1 or 2 of you from other sites.
Here's my current car, 2016 R

Sorry I don't know how to post a pic without a link

LSG by cossieian, on Flickr

Last edited:

Cossieian

Passed Driver's Ed
You might have seen some of my cars of the CTRO fourm or the Audi one, here is my last 3 cars before the GTD

They look great dude:)
How do you post pics?