GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Stage 2 GTI breaks into the 7's 60-130 Acceleration time.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
This isn't about arguing over nothing.

I know only a little about you and it comes from what you post on here. Seeing as how you are a vendor marketing a product for which there are performance claims I'm assessing how credible you are. It is helpful to me to know if you are prone to exaggerate.
No sir, we do not make claims. We post time slips, we post dyno graphs, and we post confirmed acceleration times. Those are not claims, those are what are called results. You cannot exaggerate a time slip, nor a 60-130 number, nor a dyno graph. As I said, people will find anything argue about. My estimation stands, I would not be surprised if 90% of GTI owners modify their car in some way. If you can disprove this, I welcome you to.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Very impressive for just a downpipe and tune GTI! My S6 does mid 7's.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
No sir, we do not make claims. We post time slips, we post dyno graphs, and we post confirmed acceleration times. Those are not claims, those are what are called results. You cannot exaggerate a time slip, nor a 60-130 number, nor a dyno graph. As I said, people will find anything argue about. My estimation stands, I would not be surprised if 90% of GTI owners modify their car in some way. If you can disprove this, I welcome you to.

From your website:

"To put it bluntly, there is no other 550-600WHP capable turbocharger option on the market that can match the spool, ease of fitment, power or reliability of our MQB Stage 2 / 2+ turbocharger!"

I'll go straight to the claim about reliability since it's an easy one. Where are the results showing that your product is more reliable than any other 550-600whp capable turbocharger?

I asked you earlier in a different thread about boost data so I could assess the spool and you told me you didn't have any boost logs. Do you now have those results?

I get that you can make a claim and then put the burden on the consumer to disprove what you claimed. That approach does little to build confidence that you base your claims on facts.

This bit from your website is also not exactly confidence inspiring:

"Every VTT turbocharger comes with a 1-year limited warranty. Please read our Warranty / Emissions Disclaimer when checking out for more details."

Then in the details we learn:

"THESE PARTS ARE LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND ARE NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE."

Skipping to the next relevant part:

"USE OF THESE PARTS IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM Vargas Turbocharger Technologies, Inc., AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY."

The terms of your 1-year warranty are that warranty coverage does not apply to vehicles driven on the street? Those are your terms.

The point of the questions is to get some insight into the business you run. Your product costs $2,000 and has no warranty if used on public streets, that's a high risk proposition.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Very impressive for just a downpipe and tune GTI! My S6 does mid 7's.
It's a lot more than just a tune and dp. It's got mpi fueling and everything else done to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Not according to the OP. He said it's a stage 2 GTI...

It's a lot more than just a tune and dp. It's got mpi fueling and everything else done to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
I'm relatively new here but pretty sure this follows many other cars I've owned...

Stage 1 = tune
Stage 2 = tune + dp

His is Stage 2.

That's their turbo.....

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
It's not a stage 2 GTI, It's a full bolt on, PI added, fuel pump upgrade GTI with their Stage 2 Bolt on turbo. You basically can't do anything more to a GTI than what is done to this one.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm relatively new here but pretty sure this follows many other cars I've owned...

Stage 1 = tune
Stage 2 = tune + dp

His is Stage 2.

A simple search of the user's posts or threads started would have seen all of them centered around their new turbo offering. If you think a stage 2 GTI is going to run 7s 60-130 I have beachfront property here in flyover country to sell you.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
A simple search of the user's posts or threads started would have seen all of them centered around their new turbo offering. If you think a stage 2 GTI is going to run 7s 60-130 I have beachfront property here in flyover country to sell you.

Exactly...more like 12s